new hens beating up new younger rooster,

silkymom

Songster
10 Years
Nov 20, 2009
well ive been gone from here for 4 yrs, was just given 6 sex link hens i think a few yrs old, people were moveing, 2 weeks later rescued a young roo, this yrs bird, hes bigger than the hens but they wont let him out of coop and beat on him if i put him out, i sit by him so he can get some sun and forage a bit and get treats? never had this problem before , will they eventually accept him?

try putting him in a rabbit cage or pen of some kind, where they can not hurt him but they can see or hear each other\, and maybe socialize a bit through the wire. they can mix later.

thanks, i did that fir 2 days, but now i think ill actually separate the pen, ive been feeding and watering him inside, they dont mess with him in there. and hes making mad dashes out , the last 2 days, poor guy im mad at my hens, after woork tomarrow im cutting a new door and giveing him a run, hope they learn to get along.

well tonight it started raining soon after i gave the boy his tv dinner of garden treats, and the (actually really nice pet girls that hate boys, ) went in my boy came out for a rain bath and some mudd scratchin, i was happy, here i think are pics of my (i didnt plan on them flock, after 2 bumblefoot surgerys one with healing broken leg and of corse, the hated young roo. these birds were all rescues, people moveing, and roos to be butcherd, the hens i was told were rohd island reds, but i think sex links,

Back
Top Bottom