New "Hens" Gender check please?

jstarh

Hatching
11 Years
Sep 2, 2008
Kentucky
After giving up all my poultry when my husband joined the Air Force- 4 long years of waiting- I am the happy owner of 4 'hens'. They are about 4 months old according to the breeder. 2 are supposed to be Barred Rock and the other two Amerecaunas (although I appreciate they just may be mutt easter eggers). 1 of the Barred appears to have muff and beard thus making her a cross? And the other may be a rooster. I think the red with yellow legs and the barred with yellow legs may be roos? The red is very bossy and the barred with yellow legs has such an upright tail carriage and posture but maybe this is due to be a cross? I am out of practice!

In the city I cannot have roos, so identifying them before they crow would be ideal. When could I expect them to crow? They are all 'supposed' to be the same hatch date.... When might I expect eggs?

I would sure appreciate any advice! Thanks!!!!

Here is the link to my blog which has the chicken slideshow. If you click on an individual photo it will take you to a larger slideshow for a better view. www.starhargrove.blogspot.com

Star

Thank you for the prompt reply! I felt alot happier going out to see the girls a bit ago!

Husband is busy building their tractor.

Forgot how happy a southern climate, having hens, and planting/planning a garden makes me!

Star

Oh, they are just beautiful birds. Isn't it just wonderful you are "back". Here's to a happy healthy flock, many eggs, and much joy with Chicken TV.

Anne

Back
Top Bottom