new here and loving it!!

eggsidental farmer

In the Brooder
10 Years
Aug 26, 2009
occidental, ca
wow is all i can say! my daughter got chickens and i got curious...we just bought 8 acres of forest and certainly have the room...so i bought "raising chickens for dummies" which brought me here!
i don't have my chickens yet; i still have to build my coop, which i am going to do on the side of my aviary:
39976_img_0647.jpg

the only problem i am having with this site is posting my avatar. my photos were too big so i downloaded irfanview, but their pictures say bmp after them instead of JPG and so that won't work either===i'm stumped! can someone walk me through this? i'm quite a dummy...
bloomerz:/

Ok, just realized this.....is it accidental that you are an eggsidental farmer in occidental......
lau.gif
Sorry, having a real silly moment here....
I have not done the avatar yet, I am a bit slow at times.....Anyway, there is a thread in the FAQ's that describes how to "shrink" you pic to fit.... Darn, I need more sleep, my brain sure is a bit twisted tonite
th.gif

yeah, the eggsidental was a play on accidental==and i live in occidental--
i went to shrink it like it says in shrink an avatar; it says to use irfanview, but their pics say bmp after them and i can't use it! i'm so frustrated! i need someone to walk me through it...oh well:(
thanks for the welcome!!
bloomerz

when we bought the property it was full of aviaries--the guy had wild birds--but they are empty now. i cleaned one out; it's got a cement floor and some branches in it for roosting. also, it's got a double entrance. i'm going to build a coop right up against the aviary that they can walk up into at night. they can stay in the aviary when i'm not home. when i'm home, they can cruise outdoors in the forest behind some fencing i'm going to put up.
we have raccoons YUCK SCARY
the aviary walls are double covered in wire mesh--strong wire mesh--raccoon proof. the top half of the walls and the roof have a plastic sheeting over them to protect the aviary from the rain, i guess. the bottom half doesn't have it.
suggestions?
bloomerz

Back
Top Bottom