New here and to chicken

Happy day today 😁 my chickens first egg today. So proud of my girls🤗🤗
20230915_110314.jpg

Well the first 2 or 3 eggs where layed in the box. The others where layed in the run in various places. 4 where behind the plywood the feeder and waterer where attached too. But they are new to this so I know they are still trying to figure it out. Hoping the eggs will get bigger later but I'm happy with what my babies are giving me 😊 😃
20230921_120624.jpg
got 11 total.

Well the first 2 or 3 eggs where layed in the box. The others where layed in the run in various places. 4 where behind the plywood the feeder and waterer where attached too. But they are new to this so I know they are still trying to figure it out. Hoping the eggs will get bigger later but I'm happy with what my babies are giving me 😊 😃 View attachment 3641309got 11 total.
Congrats on all the eggies! 🥚 Your birds will get better at laying in the boxes, it takes a while to understand the sensation to lay and what to do about it. It helps to put fake eggs in the boxes to give the birds the hint. The eggs will increase in size as they continue to mature into adult hens.

I have a new found respect for my babies now! 🥰. I've always loved my babies but now they are providing food for my family and friends so now I have a deeper connection to them for what they do and provide. After eating sum super yummy eggs 🥚 I feel so proud to have them around and grateful for the service they offer in feeding us. 🥰😍

Been letting my chickens free range the past week. It was very easy to train them. If they get to far I just shake the bag of black soldier fly larva an they come running 🤣 i do the same to get them back in the pen. The ducks are a different story. They don't wanna leave the pen 😂 bag of treats or not lol
20230924_164408.jpg
got my lil buddy here watching over them. They grew up around him so no problem their and he's too old to give a crap about trying to chase them lol he's a really good behaved boy too💙

Back
Top Bottom