Blooming Hills Homestead

In the Brooder
Oct 6, 2020
Hello! My name is Ashley and I'm from Wisconsin. My husband and I have been saving to move somewhere with some acreage to start our homestead for a few years, this July we finally moved to a seven acre home and are slowly making plans to create the homestead we want.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
-We are brand new, and plan to build a coop over the winter and get chickens in the spring!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
-Right now zero, I'm thinking we'll start with sixish to start out. But we're going to build a coop to accommodate 12-20 probably.

(3) What breeds do you have?
-We're thinking we want to try a variety to see what works best. This is one of the subjects I want to research on here.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
-Fresh eggs, we know how the chickens are being treated, fun hobby

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
-Hiking, Camping, Working Out, Reading

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
-Right now it's me and my husband (Ryan) with two dogs, a corgi and a mix breed from Thailand. I am a Firefighter/Paramedic and my husband works an office job in 401k. We're hoping to expand our homestead to include a huge garden, pigs, meat chickens, and food forest.

swampfox440

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
Dec 10, 2012
N.E. Ohio
Hello Ashly, welcome to Backyard Chickens! Glad you've joined us! :jumpy
I hope you find this site as useful as I have, and maybe even make some friends! :)
:welcome
Did your mallards have ducklings this past spring ? Nothing as cute as ducklings You should see what baby wood ducks look like! I raised them a wile back .

Top Bottom