New here

Can you take a picture of her foot, leg and hip area on that side?
Alright I’ve been trying to soak and put some rip on it but it’s not working. I think it might be bumblefoot or gout. What I did see is in the bottom of her foot it looks like a pretty decent scab but I would have to rip it off. I tried to pull some of it off and it looks pretty attached.

Alright I’ve been trying to soak and put some rip on it but it’s not working. I think it might be bumblefoot or gout. What I did see is in the bottom of her foot it looks like a pretty decent scab but I would have to rip it off. I tried to pull some of it off and it looks pretty attached.
Here’s a picture of it

Attachments

• IMG_8719.jpeg
    IMG_8719.jpeg
    412 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_8718.jpeg
    IMG_8718.jpeg
    518.5 KB · Views: 4
Are you wrapping it with vet wrap or gauze?
I would peel as much scab away as possible, and try to squeeze the hard core out.
If the hard core doesn't come out soak, apply the Prid again and wrap it.
If the hard core does come out, I'd soak, apply a triple antibiotic salve (the kind without pain killer) and then wrap it.

Are you wrapping it with vet wrap or gauze?
I would peel as much scab away as possible, and try to squeeze the hard core out.
If the hard core doesn't come out soak, apply the Prid again and wrap it.
If the hard core does come out, I'd soak, apply a triple antibiotic salve (the kind without pain killer) and then wrap it.
I have wrapped it yet but I was going to when I try to pull some of that scab off. I will do all of what you just said and hope that I’ll get some success out of it. Do you have a recommendation on an antibiotic ? Thank you for the help!

I have wrapped it yet but I was going to when I try to pull some of that scab off. I will do all of what you just said and hope that I’ll get some success out of it. Do you have a recommendation on an antibiotic ? Thank you for the help!
I just use a generic antibiotic salve from Walmart or a dollar store.

You don't need to pull it off. As @janiedoe said...use PRID.

Back
Top Bottom