New Hova-Bator Incubator troubles...

Dion Fiacre

In the Brooder
Nov 1, 2016
PNW
I bought a new Hova-Bator incubator model 1588. I ran it for 24 hours and the temp/humidity wasn't perfect, but I thought it would do. Today, nearly 24 hours after adding eggs it is running way off course.

My question is what would you do? Would you mess with it by turning it way up and try to get it to the correct temps or would you send it back now?

These are duck and goose eggs.

This thermometer says 79% humidity and 97.0°.

First of all, have you compared/calibrated your black thermometer-hygrometer so that you know it's accurate?

The 1588 incubators are pretty reliable. But, the temperature & humidity probes are on the bottom of the fan housing. It will read different from what your's will read at egg level.

I keep a log where I check the temp and humidity from both my internal thermometer/hygrometer and the one built in to the unit 3 - 4 times a day. Then I can see how changes in the temperature and humidity of the room effects the incubator.

You could adjust the temperature settings up a couple a degrees at a time, wait for it to stabilize and see how it reads. If your black thermometer is accurate, I would go off of those readings.

If you need to lower the humidity, then cover part of the water tray with foil to decrease the amount of surface area.

Back
Top Bottom