New in Mid-Tennessee

VictoryChicks

In the Brooder
7 Years
Oct 16, 2012
Two years ago, when I started lurking on this sight, pursuing our dream of a independent, profitable farm, I didn't even know there were different breeds of chickens! I am completely addicted now... We bought our 17 acre farm last summer and took the plunge and moved from our cookie cutter suburban neighborhood to our farm! I hatched my first eggs 2 weeks ago in my Sportsman 1202. I now have 2 Sulmtaler chicks!! Yah! I purchased 6 Coral Blue Guineas yesterday and and should be receiving day old Cream Legbars and hatching eggs along with day old Swedish Flower Hens and hatching eggs this week. I also won an auction for White Holland Turkeys eggs and Isbar eggs and bought my home-schooled children 30+ "barnyard special eggs" as a science project/small business.

My family consist of a fabulous husband and 7 children between the ages of 2 and 18! We are working to restore a 1920's bungalow ( we actually close on the house in 10 days!). I also volunteer as a special needs advocate for families trying to navigate services for their children in the public schools. Whew...

ab4a3b6ffa9c5224e8d94f1bf069309e835bf44ada39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd80709da39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd80709a4b3225a1483568630b9.png
. Quite the variety of birds!
thumbsup.gif

Yes, Donna, you are my enabler! Thank you for graciously showing me your flock yesterday. I am going to look at your post on how you built your coops next and try to modify them to a free range situation. The kids adore the Coral Blues. I've got the keets brooder warm but they are staying huddled most of the time so I'm going to add some more heat. The chickens in the same room seem to have plenty of heat, but the guineas must need more (like you said).

Yes, Donna, you are my enabler! Thank you for graciously showing me your flock yesterday. I am going to look at your post on how you built your coops next and try to modify them to a free range situation. The kids adore the Coral Blues. I've got the keets brooder warm but they are staying huddled most of the time so I'm going to add some more heat. The chickens in the same room seem to have plenty of heat, but the guineas must need more (like you said).

I had 2 lights on them.... but they still stayed under it most of the time.... but they did wander around too.
thumbsup.gif

Hi and :welcome

Wow, your birds sound amazing. I'm going to give some of those breeds a google! :lol:

I hope you find any info you need here, and enjoy the site. :D

Back
Top Bottom