New Jersey Organic Feed Non-Existent !

Hammerstone

In the Brooder
Aug 16, 2016
So I live in New Jersey and cannot find a feed store that provides the organic feed I desire. I am currently feeding scratch and peck and would like to continue feeding something of that caliber. I cannot find any mills to buy organic grains from to even mix my own feed. PLEASE HELP !! I would like to either find a good priced premixed whole grain feed in New Jersey or an organic mill where I can get organic whole grains. Anybody have any suggestions on a mix recipe that would be greatly appreciated as well !!!! There is a big need for this in New Jersey so lets get this thread going !

I'm in central NJ ... Agway in Raritan NJ carries it. Tractor Supply in Hillsborough NJ carries it ... different brand, but my chickens didn't like it. They went on strike and I had to have a sit down with the hens' union rep. I switched back to the one I got from agway and that smoothed over the whole affair.

I'm in central NJ ... Agway in Raritan NJ carries it. Tractor Supply in Hillsborough NJ carries it ... different brand, but my chickens didn't like it. They went on strike and I had to have a sit down with the hens' union rep. I switched back to the one I got from agway and that smoothed over the whole affair.

Yeah I can get organic feed but it's not whole grains. It's always low quality pellets or crumble with little grains mostly corn.

That's what I feared from the TSC variety, given it's price and the effect on my girls, But besides that, the one they have at agway ... They lay like champs. Have been on it for about three years and no issues.

Don't know where you are in NJ, but there is a farmer in Oley, PA that has soy free grain mash. Not corn free though. It is Panorama Organic Feeds. He sells to many areas. maybe you could find a farm that buys his feed. Don't know why you think pelleted or crumble is garbage, but Nature's Best that is sold in TSC stores is a very good feed. TSC also sells Purina Organic here. Nature's Best is made in Kreamer, PA & will have a soy free layer pellet out sometime this summer.

Don't know where you are in NJ, but there is a farmer in Oley, PA that has soy free grain mash. Not corn free though. It is Panorama Organic Feeds. He sells to many areas. maybe you could find a farm that buys his feed. Don't know why you think pelleted or crumble is garbage, but Nature's Best that is sold in TSC stores is a very good feed. TSC also sells Purina Organic here. Nature's Best is made in Kreamer, PA & will have a soy free layer pellet out sometime this summer.
I am not against pelt but ever pelt I have came across is mostly corn. Which I'm not against corn either. But when there is only corn and soy in the pellet as being the only grains that is a problem. Yeah Oleg is a ways from me I'm at the shore. I've been to oley for the antique motorcycle swap meet, beautiful place but I will check it out, thank you.

Try this place ... they do organic, soy free, corn free feed
I really appreciate the feed back on the feed. I checked into 7th heaven awhile ago, it's not organic but it seems to be a decent feed. Here is the tag for the later feed. It's a good price except all of the added bacteria at the end of the ingredience list are dried rendering them useless. To be used as a probiotic they would have to be active cultures. So this could just be useless fill. But still not a bad option at all. Thank you Mace.

Attachments

• IMG_2170.jpg
    IMG_2170.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited by a moderator:
I was having a problem finding whole, organic grains too. There is a place in Virginia - New Country Organics - that sells organic soy free, corn free feed. But I wanted organic grains to sprout them. They sell a feed that is whole grain, not ground, but it does have corn. I am ordering a pallet of grain this week from them and I mix my own feed according to Ussery's formulation. I was getting 8 duck eggs a day from the 8 ducks with this formulation, until I switched to TS organic feed. I am also going to order a few bags of the soy free, corn free feed. Each bag 50lb bag of grain is about $21-26. The feed is about $30. This doesn't include delivery but by ordering a pallet I will be saving on shipping fees. I don't know if you would be interested in ordering. Let me know.

Back
Top Bottom