New Jersey

any one know how I can get a permit for owning poultry the people wont answer the phone or can you email me printable application form @ [email protected]
pllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz I have the chicken drug addiction help mmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
http://twp.lakewood.nj.us/images/db/admin-2383-Lakewood-Ch-XVIII-current-to-12-31-12.pdf appears to be the Lakewood ordinance

http://twp.lakewood.nj.us/images/db/admin-Zoning-Permit.pdf Shed permit application

Seems that zone A-1 are considered for agricultural use and there also seems to be a 6 acre requirement. Of course, a couple of chickens is hardly agricultural, so there may be provisions in here for pets. There does not appear to be any obvious exclusion in the document, but there is also no obvious permission either. So, keep calling the zoning and use board.

A coworker of mine is looking for a 10-12 week old girl. She has a few older ones and got two babies from agway a few months ago. She was cleaning out one of the horse stalls the other day, tripped, and stepped on one of them. The poor little chicken broke her pelvis and we had to euthanize her. My friend feels awful :hit
she'd like another little girl so her remaining one is not alone while they are separated. She lives in the Jackson area, near great adventure. Close to you njchix I just didn't know if you had any around this age.

So sad... I'm so sorry for your friend. If she's interested, I have some 8 week old sex-link females for sale. I'm also in Jackson. PM me if she is interested and I'll get in touch with her.

A coworker of mine is looking for a 10-12 week old girl. She has a few older ones and got two babies from agway a few months ago. She was cleaning out one of the horse stalls the other day, tripped, and stepped on one of them. The poor little chicken broke her pelvis and we had to euthanize her. My friend feels awful :hit
she'd like another little girl so her remaining one is not alone while they are separated. She lives in the Jackson area, near great adventure. Close to you njchix I just didn't know if you had any around this age.

Oh that's so sad. She must feel awful. I wish I had some extras. I got stuck with so many boys, I can't even give them away for free. The sexlinks may be a good for her at eight weeks.

I'm in Jackson and I have a lot of pullets for sale but they are only about 4-5 weeks old if she is interested

I had just received a letter from the township but I don't understand it so here it is this is only the part about the chickens:

change in use (raising chickens on the property) also remove coop.

upon the effective date of this article , no building shall hereafter be used, erected , altered , converted ,enlarged , added to , moved or reduced , nor shall any lands be be subdivided ,developed ,in any manner except in conformity with the standards provided herein , as applied to the zoning district in which the building or land is located .

so if you guys can pliz tell me and my parents what this means and what we can do also how and why this affects us even though we have ben doing this for may years now . ? if you can and I promise I wont bother you again about this

upon the effective date of this article , no building shall hereafter be used, erected , altered , converted ,enlarged , added to , moved or reduced , nor shall any lands be be subdivided ,developed ,in any manner except in conformity with the standards provided herein , as applied to the zoning district in which the building or land is located .
The question I would have is whether a coop is considered a building. In most zoning ordinances, a building has specific definitions, such as having a foundation. I'm assuming your coop is not a structure, but a free-standing unit.
You also need to find out if the zoning district you live in will allow poultry. Sometimes agricultural districts can include subdivisions if the zoning hasn't changed with the development of the area.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Hello Jersey I just found this thread and am glad to see so many chicken folk live in Jersey I have a question for anyone in Warren county I'm looking for a feed mill to buy wheat berries or barley so I can start growing it for my flock any help would be awesome thanks:D

Back
Top Bottom