New Jersey

Hello Jersey I just found this thread and am glad to see so many chicken folk live in Jersey I have a question for anyone in Warren county I'm looking for a feed mill to buy wheat berries or barley so I can start growing it for my flock any help would be awesome thanks:D

Welcome! Yes there are many of us and a few up your way too. They may be able to help you out with some feed mill names.

Hello Jersey I just found this thread and am glad to see so many chicken folk live in Jersey I have a question for anyone in Warren county I'm looking for a feed mill to buy wheat berries or barley so I can start growing it for my flock any help would be awesome thanks:D

welcome-byc.gif
jumpy.gif
D.gif
Hey southern jersey girl here why don't you come to the fair in Augusta NJ on May 18Th we would all love to say hi tons of fun

Chickerdoodle lives in Warren. See if you can PM her and ask. Welcome - and make sure you come to the show on May 18th!

I had just received a letter from the township but I don't understand it so here it is this is only the part about the chickens:

change in use (raising chickens on the property) also remove coop.

upon the effective date of this article , no building shall hereafter be used, erected , altered , converted ,enlarged , added to , moved or reduced , nor shall any lands be be subdivided ,developed ,in any manner except in conformity with the standards provided herein , as applied to the zoning district in which the building or land is located .

so if you guys can pliz tell me and my parents what this means and what we can do also how and why this affects us even though we have ben doing this for may years now . ? if you can and I promise I wont bother you again about this

Is the first line "change in use" part of the wording of the ordinance, or is that yours? Can you scan or take a photo of the clause so we can see it in full context? You obviously have to know your zoning district, and make sure the clause you're quoting applies to you. If they only sent you this little bit, it is confusing. Ask them to send you the ordinance in its entirety, or ask where you have to go to see the ordinance and get a full copy - probably town hall. Also, like sunnychooks said, ask them what constitutes a building - sometimes it's defined as a permanent structure on a concrete foundation, but not something like a coop or shed. Also, remember to always be polite and unemotional about this issue when dealing with the township. You want to give them the impression that you're trying to conform to the law, and are just trying to fully understand it.

Is that event at the sussex county fair grounds. I'll see what I have going on and maybe I can convince the wife into going sounds cool.

Back
Top Bottom