New Jersey

Who went to the show? Did you enter birds? How did they do? Did you buy birds? What kind?

I brought 13 to the show...I am really pleased with how they did. My Orloffs got Best of Breed and Reserve of Breed, one of my Javas was RB, and one of my Wheaten Marans was also RB (she was RB last year too). I am especially proud of the Marans since the BB was Reserve Champion Continental and there were quite a few Marans there.
I brought home a single call duck for my mom - I've been trying to find her one for quite a while.

Last edited:
Congratulations! Great birds!!! I just got my first orloff's this year. Just two chicks, and just hatchery birds, but I just love them. They look so wild. I didn't show any or buy any birds, but I did get 18 eggs from Zach (thank you Zach, they are in the incubator, I will let you know how they do) and 6 lemon blue dutch bantam eggs. I can't wait to see what hatches out!

Hi:

Sorry I missed your response. Yes, I am still looking to grow my flock. I have 2 adults and 3 pullets. I can take in another 2 layers. I would appreciate the info for your Morris County contact. I am in central jersey and Morris County is about an hour from where I am.

Thanks!

Roo

Good luck Jersey Hen. I showed 15 birds and bought 1 wheaten old English and a trio of SDW old English.

Champion Mediterranean, Champion Junior Mediterranean, Champion Junior Largefowl- S.C. White Leghorn Cockerel
Reserve Champion Mediterranean Open and Junior- S.C. White Leghorn Pullet
Champion Junior Waterfowl, Champion Heavy Duck Open and Champion Junior Standard Duck- Blue Muscovy Hen
Reserve Champion Junior Waterfowl,Reserve Heavy Open and Reserve Junior Standard Duck- Gray Rouen Cockerel.
BB, Champion JR AOSB- Black Shamo Hen
Champion and Reserve Champion JR Game- Wheaten Hens
BB Faverolles Bantam- Salmon Rooster
BB/RB Sebright, Reserve Champion Junior RCCL- Golden Hen
[/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

Good luck Jersey Hen. I showed 15 birds and bought 1 wheaten old English and a trio of SDW old English.

Champion Mediterranean, Champion Junior Mediterranean, Champion Junior Largefowl- S.C. White Leghorn Cockerel
Reserve Champion Mediterranean Open and Junior- S.C. White Leghorn Pullet
Champion Junior Waterfowl, Champion Heavy Duck Open and Champion Junior Standard Duck- Blue Muscovy Hen
Reserve Champion Junior Waterfowl,Reserve Heavy Open and Reserve Junior Standard Duck- Gray Rouen Cockerel.
BB, Champion JR AOSB- Black Shamo Hen
Champion and Reserve Champion JR Game- Wheaten Hens
BB Faverolles Bantam- Salmon Rooster
BB/RB Sebright, Reserve Champion Junior RCCL- Golden Hen
[/URL]
Congrats! How did the clerking go? So far (day 4 candling) looks like good development in a large percentage of them, the D'anvers look like blanks though, but I will give them a few more days since it is so early yet.

Congrats! How did the clerking go? So far (day 4 candling) looks like good development in a large percentage of them, the D'anvers look like blanks though, but I will give them a few more days since it is so early yet. 
thanks and Sorry to hear that about the Danvers. The clerking went great. The judge Tom Roebuck was very nice and answered all my questions and I learned a lot. All three of the judges were great and it could not have disagreed with any of their decisions across the board.

Would anyone be interested in a Serama cockerel?
I need another week or two to be 100% sure but if he really is a he I can't keep him :*(
Hatched on 05/01/14 really sweet & handled every day.
Would ask for small fee to know hes going to a good home.
Im in northern NJ and don't want to ship.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom