New Jersey

Pics
It turns out of the first 6 I got, 4 are boys :( but the two girls aren't laying yet.... they're 17 weeks and I think they should start laying soon! But I think their combs should turn more red or something before they get ready to lay... from what I read anyway. I've never had chickens before. But - I "explained" to my husband that when we get rid of all the boys, we'll only have a flock of 2. That's not even a flock :)

So my 3 year old and I went out last weekend and picked up 6 new babies, they say there's a 90% chance they are girls. But this morning those boys are all crowing! I keep feeding them stuff to keep them quiet - but I don't know what I'm going to do.... Two of the boys my dad is going to take and process, one of the boys is going to my friends (his new forever home we keep calling it)... and then there's CC. With all the corn I keep giving them this morning to stop them from crowing, they're going to get huge LOL.

Good luck with the chicken math there at the store. I would have absolutely no control like that! But they're so cute when they're so little... sigh. Do you have room for more? I'm trying to figure out how to make my coop bigger for next year ... sell the coop I've currently got and buy a bigger one? hmmmm....

Well I have 8, with one I'm pretty sure is a Roo. I could really only fit two more, that's rehoming the Roo. 10 total. What are your six new babies & how old. I hope they are girls! I'm trying to find an excuse not to go to agway. My husband really doesn't mind, it's more of a "where are you going to put them" thing. He knows it's a mental distraction from the three boys. Lol.

look at jerseychickens.com I was at their farm last week picking up first two chicks and they had some. They're in Jackson. Oh and i found my barred rocks! i found them yesterday at the agway in englishtown. My town only allows you to have 4 chickensso my little flock is complete.
One buff orpington, one RIR, and two barred rocks. I'm a happy girl!!!

look at jerseychickens.com    I was at their farm last week picking up first two chicks and they had some. They're in Jackson. Oh and i found my barred rocks! i found them yesterday at the agway in englishtown. My town only allows you to have 4 chickensso my little flock is complete. 
One buff orpington, one RIR, and two barred rocks. I'm a happy girl!!!

They look all happy! Glad you found the barred rocks!

Back
Top Bottom