New Jersey

Oh wait, I found one she's riding.

Our daughters would really have fun together... I love the two headed bird as well.

Does anyone here have a vine plant growing on their run? If so what is it. I would like to plant some type of vine plant
on one side of our run but *everything* I look up says it is toxic to chickens, dog, people, the air ( I am frustrated ). So now I was going to try honeysuckle, just your run of the mill yellow and white honeysuckle.  But guess what that seems to be toxic too :barnie   Any suggestions????

We have wild grapes along the run. The are so invasive i figured they stood half a chance of getting established. They ate the grapes, then at the vines right down to the nubs. so not poisonous, but you will have to keep them of it for a while.

Our daughters would really have fun together... I love the two headed bird as well.
We have wild grapes along the run. The are so invasive i figured they stood half a chance of getting established. They ate the grapes, then at the vines right down to the nubs. so not poisonous, but you will have to keep them of it for a while.

I have red honeysuckle growing along my fence. It's flowers are two tone, like a pink and fuchsia. The hummingbirds love it. I also have red and yellow trumpet vines in the yard. They love to hide under the bushy parts of the plants. They don't seem to bother them, although if it was on the run it may be a different story. How about a grape vine?
I would love to put grapes in the yard, My husband would Love it moor. My concern with the grapes it the toxicity to dogs, Grape are supposed to be terrible for dogs, and with our puppy eating everything it can get its hand on I really don't want to risk it. Part of me wants to just try the honeysuckle, if they are getting enough food water and treats hopefully they will not eat it. I will continue to do some research. thanks guys

No grapes if your dogs can eat them. Grapes cause end stage real failure. Scary thing about grapes is there's no rhyme or reason as to how much can be toxic. A small dog may eat 20 today and suffer only minor troubles and a large dog could develop real failure from one or two. The same little dog could eat one at a later date and develop RF. Grapes are tricky.

I have trumpet vines and morning glories. The chickens seem to leave these alone. The neighbors have some thick bushy tree/bush along their fence. It doesn't produce flowers but it gets covered with these small hard red berries. they cover the ground on my side of the fence. At first I was worried because the chickens go crazy for them. There was nothing I could do about them so I just crossed my fingers. They must be ok because once these berries come out the girls live pretty much on them.

Last edited:
No grapes if your dogs can eat them. Grapes cause end stage real failure. Scary thing about grapes is there's no rhyme or reason as to how much can be toxic. A small dog may eat 20 today and suffer only minor troubles and a large dog could develop real failure from one or two. The same little dog could eat one at a later date and develop RF. Grapes are tricky.

I have trumpet vines and morning glories. The chickens seem to leave these alone. The neighbors have some thick bushy tree/bush along their fence. It doesn't produce flowers but it gets covered with these small hard red berries. they cover the ground on my side of the fence. At first I was worried because the chickens go crazy for them. There was nothing I could do about them so I just crossed my fingers. They must be ok because once these berries come out the girls live pretty much on them.
Yeah thats what we thought, we will be staying away from grapes!! I think I may try the honeysuckle still or a nice climbing rose. I read that morning glories were really bad for chickens, something about them being a hallucinogen ( sick but happy chickens ;). Obviously you have not had any trippy chickens running around. I don't know. I have some time to work on it I guess.

you see I do they just tell me they are against there book of ordainces or something like that im trying to get them to tell me excactly why there not allowed to see if I can keep my last three chickens I just cant give them away ill die if I do

you see I do they just tell me they are against there book of ordainces or something like that im trying to get them to tell me excactly why there not allowed to see if I can keep my last three chickens I just cant give them away ill die if I do

Preferences

Preferences

Preferences
§
-
=
Backspace

Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y
u
i
o
p
[
]

Return

capslock
a
s
d
f
g
h
j
k
l
;
'
\

shift
`
z
x
c
v
b
n
m
/
shift

English

alt
alt

Preferences
Against the rules, means against the rules. You can keep them and try to hide them, but if you're caught they will make you get rid of them. Trying to hide them is really your only option, unless you try to change it, but this is very difficult and if you're a minor, your parents would have to do it.

Back
Top Bottom