New Jersey

I'm in Southern NJ. Glad I found the local NJ part of this site. I have a flock of EE, RIR, BR and one RIR Roo. I just hatched out our first round of chicks a few weeks ago and have another round due January 1st.

I really want to start raising quail. Anyone else raising quail?

Hello everyone. Glad to see some new chicken owners. It's been a long time since I've been on. My flock has had a rough few months. I'm am down to 14 now, after illness and predators. Very sad. I will be hatching out some chicks in spring to rebuild some. My girls are gifting me with eggs again, FINALLY. Yesterday was the most so far since summer, 7 including one from my olive egger.

Beautiful eggs! I'm jealous of the colors you have! My welsummers and Marans lay lighter more speckled eggs. Still pretty but not dark and chocolate colored! I love the olive egg!

Hi All... No chickens yet, but so want to have them. I'm in Beachwood and am trying to find out if I can have them or not. No one that I have talked to has any answers for me and can't find anything on the net. Anyone out there know anything about Beachwood? Thanks.

Beautiful eggs! How are you sebies doing? And that beast? Has he calmed down?

Hi Gail. Unfortunately my family didn't care for the sebbies and their mess :( I sent them to a farm with a pond in Hunterdan County and I'm happy I did. They have a wonderful life there.

And the beast, yes I still have him, lol. He has truly earned his name Dr. Evil. He keeps me on my toes.

Oh too bad they are so pretty. I guess I need to rethink getting them.
I was reading about a method of training a roo by using a stick. Not to hit him but hit the ground in front and behind him showing dominance. They were saying even the kids can do it. I t mimics what the roos do to each other to show dominance. I thought of him. There's more to it but basically that's the gest. You could google it. He's such a beauty.

Hi All... No chickens yet, but so want to have them. I'm in Beachwood and am trying to find out if I can have them or not. No one that I have talked to has any answers for me and can't find anything on the net. Anyone out there know anything about Beachwood? Thanks.

You have to contact either your Board of Health or your Zoning officer. Don't rely on what you can find on the web.

Back
Top Bottom