New Jersey

Hola Chicken Folk!
D.gif

New..ish Jersey Girl.

Last time I cared for chickens was 40 years ago. I was my grannie's 'helper'. I basically opened the coop and let them out in the morning and shooed them back in at the end of the day. Lots of space for a new flock of 6-8 birds to walk about and scratch for grab.

I now live in Robbinsville - which is all Farmland. I am looking for adult hens at POL for now and may be I will add a roo for a little reproduction action. Suggestions of farms I can visit in central and south Jersey (or anywhere with about a 2 hour radius) will be awesome.

Cheers!

I usually get my birds from a rescue about 30 - 40 mins north of me.( Morris county) She sells all the birds the school children raise. Pm me for more info. I am not sure of all the forum rules.

Hola Chicken Folk!
D.gif

New..ish Jersey Girl.

Last time I cared for chickens was 40 years ago. I was my grannie's 'helper'. I basically opened the coop and let them out in the morning and shooed them back in at the end of the day. Lots of space for a new flock of 6-8 birds to walk about and scratch for grab.

I now live in Robbinsville - which is all Farmland. I am looking for adult hens at POL for now and may be I will add a roo for a little reproduction action. Suggestions of farms I can visit in central and south Jersey (or anywhere with about a 2 hour radius) will be awesome.

Cheers!

POL might be a little tough right now, as everyone is still hatching. You may have to wait for the summer or fall. Welcome back to chickens!

Hola Chicken Folk!
D.gif

New..ish Jersey Girl.

Cheers!

Hi RooNHen!
I don't know if you'd be interested but I have some chicks for sale. I've stopped selling until after Easter, but will be happy to sell to "chicken people" (who want chickens rather than chicks). Mine are straight-run, but I will take back any that turn out to be roosters. All from brown egg laying breeds.
I will also have some quail that will be hatching in a few days. They're fun too!
smile.png

I'm in Jackson, so I'm not too far from you.
And...
welcome-byc.gif

Great to see a Thread for New Jersey.  I live up North West in Sussex County.  I currently have 14 hens and 3 roosters of differing breeds with an emphasis of lavender ameraucanas, 8 pullets about 3 weeks old, and 37 easter egger eggs in the incubator.  I am also on a waiting list for silkied ameraucana hatching eggs.  

If anyone wants easter eggers with a chance of lavender and black ameraucanas let me know.  They are $5 each and will hatch 4/13/2014.  

I look forward to following all you great New Jerseyans.  

Hello! I live in sussex as well! Over in vernon...
Do you have any older EEs for sale? If not I may be interested in some chicks! A friend wants POL EEs and I was going tobrood them for my friend if we couldnt find POL

I had 20 chicks hatch, 12 Faverolles bantams, 3 blue Sumatras, 1 black sumatra, 3 naked necks and one white s.c. Leghorn.(all bantams). P/m if interested they will make great pets to add to your flock and are from good show lines but I can not tell their show potential until they are full grown.

Hello! I live in sussex as well! Over in vernon...
Do you have any older EEs for sale? If not I may be interested in some chicks! A friend wants POL EEs and I was going tobrood them for my friend if we couldnt find POL

Sorry but no big girls for sale at this time. If you can't find any, my EE chicks are currently hatching. There are 19 so far and about 15 to go.

Hi all. Newbie here.

Just joined the forum today. I'm in S. Plainfield. I have a longer post in the Intro section of the forum, but I'm picking up 6 pullets this week to get started.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom