New Jersey

Hey, NJ, I just wanted to say that I am constructing a new coop and I am looking for any spare wood that people may have laying around. Old deck boards or construction lumber are great. A neighbor gave me a good amount to start, but I'll need some more boards for flooring and whatnot. If there is anybody in NJ who has an unwanted deck, barn, or just lumber that is in decent shape, could you please PM me and I will be happy to take it off your hands!

*Note - I have been buying materials for the coop as well, however this is my second, and the first one drained me a bit financially. It is now time to expand, and I am a college student running on a college budget, so any scrap or unwanted wood is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Look for anyone getting rid of pallets. you may be able to get them free
wink.png

Hey everyone. I'm in Monmouth County, and we're in the process of building a coop now. Any suggestions on where to get pullets locally? Someone told me about ordering them online at Murray McMurray Hatchery, but figured I'd check to see if there was something reputable closer.

Thanks!

Hey everyone. I'm in Monmouth County, and we're in the process of building a coop now. Any suggestions on where to get pullets locally? Someone told me about ordering them online at Murray McMurray Hatchery, but figured I'd check to see if there was something reputable closer.

Thanks!
Welcome to BYC! Do you want started pullets at POL or do you want to brood chicks? The spring sussex county poultry fanciers show is coming up in a few weeks and there are always birds for sale there.

The agway in englishtown usualy has chicks or pullets 732-446-7632,we paid $4 and change each for ours but you have to buy at least 6.but they usualy have a variety and you can pick your own,

Thanks, everyone. We have our twin's birthday the day of the Sussex show. We're not looking to brood, and want started pullets. Just checked McMurray and their shipping is way more than the cost of the chickens. The Agway is about 5 minutes from me. I'll check them out. I also found Jersey Chickens in Jackson. Any reviews of them?

Thanks, everyone. We have our twin's birthday the day of the Sussex show. We're not looking to brood, and want started pullets. Just checked McMurray and their shipping is way more than the cost of the chickens. The Agway is about 5 minutes from me. I'll check them out. I also found Jersey Chickens in Jackson. Any reviews of them?
If you can't find anything you want, I should have some young pullets in a month or so. I am waiting to see how the current 2 week olds grow out before we decide who to keep.

I got my chicks from jersey chickens in Jackson about 4 weeks ago. The chicks living conditions looked fairly dirty and the prices were fairly high. And they didn't let you pick out your own chickens. I would HIGHLY RECOMEND geting chickens locally. It supports the local economy and your garunteed to have local healthy chicks. I wished I would have done that.

Back
Top Bottom