New Jersey

Man, he is beautiful. It sure looks like your neighborhood ought to be able to handle a little crowing.
Thank you! Yes, he is a stud, beautiful.

My home does back to a nice size patch of woods and I do have their run and coop setup way back away from the house. But I have neighbors on either side of me very very close, typical suburbia. Just afraid someone is going to hear and get frustrated and call the Twp.

He actually started crowing this morning (or at least I heard him for the 1st time). Tuesday I am going the Elmer Auction. Still super friendly!

Hi everyone. I currently have 10 Indian Runners and 4 mallards. I am concerned about my drake to female ratio (11 drakes to 3 females). I am pretty sure the mallards are going to fly away since they were rescued as babies and seem to be their own little squad. However, the runners are a different story. I have 7 males to 2 females. Long story short, I'd like to rehome/swap 3 - 6 of my males. If anyone is in the NJ/Philadelphia area that would like to rehome/trade for females, I would greatly appreciate it for the sake of my females. BTW, I know some people are going to say to get rid of my females and have an all bachelor group, but I truly can't. They were the only two survivors of my first hatch who started it all. They are too close to my heart to give away. If anyone knows another solution (other than culling or creating a drake pen because they all free roam) I would also greatly appreciate the advice. Thank you, everyone!!

Thank you! Yes, he is a stud, beautiful.

My home does back to a nice size patch of woods and I do have their run and coop setup way back away from the house. But I have neighbors on either side of me very very close, typical suburbia. Just afraid someone is going to hear and get frustrated and call the Twp.

He actually started crowing this morning (or at least I heard him for the 1st time). Tuesday I am going the Elmer Auction. Still super friendly!

I was able to rehome him :)

Hey NJ! I’m in Great Meadows in Warren County.
One of my hens hatched 9 eggs on June 6. Five of them are cockerels. Their father is a gentleman with the ladies and is not human aggressive which is why I allowed him to procreate. Chances are excellent these non aggressive genes were passed to his boys. Of course there’s never a guarantee but chances are pretty darn good.

So! Who wants one of my big beautiful boys?
E3A22F90-16DF-477A-AD92-5EAD60548D0A.png
6B6D971F-76B5-4ACF-B480-99B0F2C432A3.png
EF81BAD0-81D5-4392-9EAC-4427AC9C0108.png
F06EBCE3-908B-46C8-BAAF-BDE378608EF1.png
AD9D76DB-D9FB-44FE-9367-187B5E9E0171.png

Hi there from New Jersey! I’m in ocean county and i have two day old chicks that need a new home! A Delaware pullet and a Columbian Wyandotte pullet! Both look like females to me

Attachments

• BEC3727F-493B-4B6A-B2BA-F9780041150D.jpeg
    BEC3727F-493B-4B6A-B2BA-F9780041150D.jpeg
    470.3 KB · Views: 3
  • A7368C14-24CD-4FA2-8C50-28D4BD37B062.jpeg
    A7368C14-24CD-4FA2-8C50-28D4BD37B062.jpeg
    449.1 KB · Views: 2
Hey NJ! I’m in Great Meadows in Warren County.
One of my hens hatched 9 eggs on June 6. Five of them are cockerels. Their father is a gentleman with the ladies and is not human aggressive which is why I allowed him to procreate. Chances are excellent these non aggressive genes were passed to his boys. Of course there’s never a guarantee but chances are pretty darn good.

So! Who wants one of my big beautiful boys?View attachment 2833864View attachment 2833865View attachment 2833866View attachment 2833867View attachment 2833868
So here we are at 16 weeks. Someone on another site contacted me wanting my 5 cockerels. I held off my dinner invitation to these handsome (and getting more handsome every day!) boys only to have this person ghost me. I am hoping someone needs a good rooster. People ask where to find one. I have 5! I see them tidbit the best treats and give them to the ladies. I see them “protect” them from the nasty noisy barking creature. I see the ladies teaching them how to be gentlemen. Not one has given me or my family a hard time. One even lets me pet his shimmering feathers. Sad that they should be sent to freezer camp. Anyone?

So here we are at 16 weeks. Someone on another site contacted me wanting my 5 cockerels. I held off my dinner invitation to these handsome (and getting more handsome every day!) boys only to have this person ghost me. I am hoping someone needs a good rooster. People ask where to find one. I have 5! I see them tidbit the best treats and give them to the ladies. I see them “protect” them from the nasty noisy barking creature. I see the ladies teaching them how to be gentlemen. Not one has given me or my family a hard time. One even lets me pet his shimmering feathers. Sad that they should be sent to freezer camp. Anyone?
Are you still looking to rehome them?

Yes. They aren’t into cuddling and sleeping ch but none have even given me a peck. The father of these boys hatched is much the same, no cuddles but a very gentle rooster.
Are you looking to travel to rehome them? I have a lady that might be able to take them if you’re willing to pay $20. She took my three roosters to a big big farm and then people go to the farm that are looking for older chickens/roosters

Back
Top Bottom