New Ladies, Olive and Goldie

Jenjee

In the Brooder
Aug 24, 2017
I keep reading I should have at least 3, but also that it's best to introduce in pairs, so today we went and got these beautiful girls! And that's it, no more! (Famous last words!)

One is pure black and the other was a big oops but is clearly a beloved bird as they hesitated when I asked if she was for sale as she's a favorite, despite her wrong coloring. They said they'd sell her since i strictly want her for a pet. She was so sweet, I just fell in love with her and her coloring is beautiful, regardless. I was also blown away at how iridescent green and purple Olive is in the sun.

They are LOUD! I didn't know there was such a variance in noise level!

Olive seems okay, nervous but grooming herself and eating. Goldie sits and glares at me. I put on music for them and brought out a treat tray but Goldie is frozen in place. Anything else I can do to help her? Just leave her alone, probably?

Here they are in their quarantine cage.

Attachments

• 20170909_144916.jpg
    20170909_144916.jpg
    713.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 20170909_143502.jpg
    20170909_143502.jpg
    302.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 20170909_144819.jpg
    20170909_144819.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 10
I keep reading I should have at least 3, but also that it's best to introduce in pairs, so today we went and got these beautiful girls! And that's it, no more! (Famous last words!)

One is pure black and the other was a big oops but is clearly a beloved bird as they hesitated when I asked if she was for sale as she's a favorite, despite her wrong coloring. They said they'd sell her since i strictly want her for a pet. She was so sweet, I just fell in love with her and her coloring is beautiful, regardless. I was also blown away at how iridescent green and purple Olive is in the sun.

They are LOUD! I didn't know there was such a variance in noise level!

Olive seems okay, nervous but grooming herself and eating. Goldie sits and glares at me. I put on music for them and brought out a treat tray but Goldie is frozen in place. Anything else I can do to help her? Just leave her alone, probably?

Here they are in their quarantine cage.
How is she today?

Very broody, it turns out. She attacked me and was terrorizing her cell mate so I am doing an emergency way too quick intro to my birds for the other new one. I had to get her out of there. They are free ranging together with no bloodshed amd she is very sweet! Already hopping up on us for treats. We have been out here since 8 am first fencing off half the yard then integrating them after no reaction through fence. My girls are extraordinarily docile. I'm not putting her in the coop tonight but she can't go back with Goldie. Figuring that, out now.

So I took Goldies nest box out, put a fan on her to cool her off, don't know if that will help and hoping for the best... she is sooooo mad! Any other suggestions welcome!

Back
Top Bottom