New Magpie Thread!!!!

Got a little better picture today! I am in love all over again. I could do without the crest, but I'll keep it as long as it is a girl...If it ends up being a drake then it may need to find a new home. Don't really want to have crested. Was hoping that it was from one of my other girls.

Got a little better picture today! I am in love all over again. I could do without the crest, but I'll keep it as long as it is a girl...If it ends up being a drake then it may need to find a new home. Don't really want to have crested. Was hoping that it was from one of my other girls.
Crested might not be ideal, But my crested male is very calm. And very sweet to my crested female. Mind you, we will eat all and any eggs that come from her. And they aren't sickly, so we don't have to worry about that. But our crested drake is much friendlier to the other birds. And much sweeter to his hen.

I got into Magpies by accident. I got a crested magpie drake as an extra. I have never met a better duck. I want to get all magpies now/next season, though not all crested of course! Sadly a starving dog found my farm today, got into the coop, and ate my sweet, funny, smart drake. I have handled nature pretty well until now. I had been looking forward to getting him a lot of ladies this next spring, and can't believe he will not be there in the morning.

I have contacted all the breeders listed on the livestock conservancy page. Where do you all get your Magpies?

I understand how you feel we came home one day last week andfound the remains of an eagle attack on our ducks ,lost one of five.
At that thought we took the two eggs this morning and put them under one of our little bantum hen ,so we willsee what happens. Fingers crossed.

I understand how you feel we came home one day last week andfound the remains of an eagle attack on our ducks ,lost one of five.
At that thought we took the two eggs this morning and put them under one of our little bantum hen ,so we willsee what happens. Fingers crossed.
I just hatched one under a silkie! Good Luck!!!

Last edited:
Well my magpie Lola is def a lole and about to be a daddy. His colors are gorgeous

Last edited:
I put two duck eggs under my broody GLW banty ,then her daughter went broody , she is a blue Cochan bantam. So now they are sharing the two duck eggs between them. Every time I go in there they change who's got the eggs.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom