New Mama

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by latnma13, Sep 30, 2014.

1. latnma13

latnma13 New Egg

Sep 30, 2014
    Today our girl turn 6 months(22 wks) they look healthy to me, I feed them organic, no GMO layer feed. And twice a week, they get greens, with minced garlic. Today they got a treat of shredded carrots, romaine lettuce strips, and minced garlic. Lots of clean water, and when should I expect the first eggs? I have one Delaware, 2-Black Australorp, 2-New Hampshire Reds. We reside in central east coast Florida

Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
  2. Chickie Baby

Chickie Baby Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2014
    Do they free range? If so, look around, you may have some in the yard. 22 weeks may still be a little early if they don't look ready to lay. I have a 30 week old Silver laced Wyandotte that hasn't laid the first egg and her sister seems to be laying fine. All in the little lady's time. I know it's so painful waiting for that first beauty but trust me, it is worth all the wait!
    Post a picture of them and the people on here will give you their opinion based on the way they're looking right now.

3. latnma13

latnma13 New Egg

Sep 30, 2014
    I did post a picture that is if I did it right. But they are in a fenced run with lots of elbow room

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by