About a year and a half ago I bought some chicks from Pure Poultry (Madisons, White and Barred Plymouth Rocks, RIR, Orphingtons, and Dark Cornish) wantimg to raise them and do some crossings to see if I could get some decent meat birds. About 5 months after I got them a gang of stray dogs hit the coop and killed a good portion of my birds. Being all disappointed, I gave the remaining flock to my father. Fast forwarding to today my dad has a beautiful flock 2 Dark Cornish Males, 1 Buff Orphington Male, 15 Madison Females, 5 RIR Females, 7 White Plymouth Rock Females, and 1 Barred Plymouth Rick Female. I told him 2 months ago to separate them into two coops so we could do some crossings so we put the Orphington Male with the 15 Madisons (which are supposedly a "breed" Pure Poultry designed for eggs and meat and they do pretty well in laying large brown eggs and are a pretty good size bird) and the 2 Dark Cornish Males with the Plymouth Rocks and the RIR' s. I set 90 eggs 8 days ago on my GQF 1202 and candled them last night, I had 3 blood rings, 5 unfertiled, and 4 with small cracks on shell so i ended up with 78 eggs on my bator for this experiment, plus another 39 I set last night. My plans are to raise and choose the largest birds of both flocks and breed the ones of Flock A with the ones of Flock B and hoping to get nice meat birds.