Crazy4Wyandottes

In the Brooder
Feb 15, 2019
North Carolina
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Yes, I bought my first chickens last summer (2018)

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
9; I have 2 roosters and 7 hens. I would have 19, but my *former* dog killed 10! :eek:

(3) What breeds do you have?
I have 2 Easter Eggers, 3 Blue Laced Red Wyandotte, 2 Golden Laced Wyandotte, 1 Barred Rock, and 1 Black Ameraucana.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
Fresh eggs daily and watching my flock free range

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Running, hiking, spending time outside with my family

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
My husband and I have two daughters (5 and 1 years old). We have 1 dog (NON-chicken killer! Our former dog was re-homed) and 2 cats. I work in customer service and my husband works in construction. We dream of the day when we can work on our farm full-time! We are also interested and have experience in raising cows and pigs.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community?
I found BYC through Google. It always comes up in my chicken searches. I've known about it for about a year. I decided to join because I recently joined the APA and I want to be able to post questions to the BYC forums about poultry shows, raising chicks, etc.

Attachments

• Chickens1.jpg
    Chickens1.jpg
    576.1 KB · Views: 18

Back
Top Bottom