New member- Hello!

Hi and welcome to BYC. Maybe enquire about the issue on the UK thread (link below)

Here are some links to useful resources:

Best wishes

Pork Pie

WELCOME :ya

Glad you are here!

I did not seal the inside of my coop; I only stained/sealed the outside of my coop because of the big swings in weather here. The stain/sealant I used was Olympic Maximum that is non-toxic. I thoroughly let all of the stained/sealed wood dry (about a month) before my girls were introduced to their coop. But as other posters mentioned above, since you are in England, you may want to find out from your neighbors what, if any, sealant or stain they used and if they did it on the inside.

This is a great forum and any/all questions you have will be answered by members who are extremely knowledgeable and have tons of experience. Come back often!

:oldOne question I do have.. am currently considering spraying the inside wood paneling to seal it to help prevent red mite burying in ( after caulking the edges) does anyone know a good product or have any experience of doing it?

Here in the States, we have a product called "THOMPSON'S WATER SEAL". It can be applied with a pump spray, a handheld squirt bottle or paint brush/sponge brush.
It can be applied with one coat up to several coats.
I'm sure there is something comparable their in the UK, to this product.

Thanks for joining our forum..
welcome.gif

View attachment 1882491 View attachment 1882491 View attachment 1882492 Hi:frow
Just a quick hello to introduce myself.
I'm Alison and live in Surrey,England. Myself and my OH are currently building our coop and run so no chickens yet but hoping to get 3-4 hybrids
Have visited this site a few times to get ideas and hoping to get lots of hints and tips along the way
One question I do have.. am currently considering spraying the inside wood paneling to seal it to help prevent red mite burying in ( after caulking the edges) does anyone know a good product or have any experience of doing it?

Welcome to BackYardChickens! So glad to have you here in our wonderful community of friendly, helpful, knowledgeable people!

Back
Top Bottom