New member in Kansas City

welcome-byc.gif
from California!

I am going before the Overland Park Planning Committee on November 12th at 1:30. It is the first of two first city meetings for my application to keep hens. If any one is in the area and is available to come along for support, I would love to have you there! Thanks!

~Natalie

I am going before the Overland Park Planning Committee on November 12th at 1:30. It is the first of two first city meetings for my application to keep hens. If any one is in the area and is available to come along for support, I would love to have you there! Thanks!

~Natalie

I will be working during that time otherwise I would love to. I am originally from the East Coast, our town meetings were always in the evening.

If you would like, I can send you a picture of my chicken coop, so they can see how aesthetically pleasing they can look. My husband built our to look like a dollhouse. A lot pretty and cleaner than the typical dog kennel.

I would love to see a picture of your coop! I am in the process of putting together a meeting for my neighbors and I want to have a slide show with pictures showing how city chickens live. It seems like people get the images of industrialized chicken farming stuck in their heads and once that happens it's hard to convince them that chickens are kept any other way. I'm trying though!
barnie.gif

Thanks!

~Natalie

I can post them later tonight. My husband is quite proud of it.

We just moved the chickens in there Saturday from my garage. Even though we live in the country, we still have neighbors and wanted to make sure that it wasn't an eyesore for them. Plus the chickens are my 9 year old daughter's, so trying to make it as fun as possible for her and her little friend that comes over to play with them.

I can post them later tonight. My husband is quite proud of it.

We just moved the chickens in there Saturday from my garage. Even though we live in the country, we still have neighbors and wanted to make sure that it wasn't an eyesore for them. Plus the chickens are my 9 year old daughter's, so trying to make it as fun as possible for her and her little friend that comes over to play with them
Thank you! I hope I can get approved. I know we would enjoy having hens so much! I look forward to your pics.

Back
Top Bottom