New member in Lexington, NC (Davidson County)

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances' started by drm315, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Fluffychicky

Fluffychicky Chirping

Mar 26, 2013
    Sophia, NC
    Yes I have a little BR roo chick, I know I don't have to have one but I would feel better having one. We have cats in the area and the occasional fox, plus hawks every now and then so I would like him for body guard duties.

2. JadedPhoenix

JadedPhoenix Songster

Oct 29, 2012
    Tyro-Lexington, NC
    Out in the county it should be no problem.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2013
  3. christphrmurray

christphrmurray Hatching

Mar 5, 2016
    moved from Lexington to midway(Winston Salem). good luck on the chickens there fun to watch.

4. familyfeathers

familyfeathers Hatching

May 3, 2016

5. JadedPhoenix

JadedPhoenix Songster

Oct 29, 2012
    Tyro-Lexington, NC
    Since you live in the county, not in the Lexington city limits, you have nothing to worry about. You can have as many roosters as you'd want but not have to worry about the authorities. Your neighbors may not like it but unless you live in an HOA, they wouldn't have any real recourse.

BTW, welcome, Neighbor. I'm in Tyro.

Last edited: May 22, 2016
  6. jmcisneros6875

jmcisneros6875 Hatching

May 26, 2017
    Hey all, I know this is an old thread, but we are moving into a house on the outskirts of Lexington, still considered in Lexington tho. Was anyone able to verify that it is okay to have chickens? I moved here from Florida almost a year ago, where I had tons of chickens and I'm missing them.
    TIA

7. JadedPhoenix

JadedPhoenix Songster

Oct 29, 2012
    Tyro-Lexington, NC
    If you are in the city limits, just don't get roosters. In the county, no problems unless you move into a HOA of course.

8. AEll1988

AEll1988 In the Brooder

Mar 17, 2019
    I live in davidson county as well and I have well over 20chickens and 3ducks as long as your in the county and not in city limits you can have as many as you choose I sell chickens as well so you should be good as long as you in the county the only exception is if your taken to court by any neighbor for anything pertaining to chickens

9. AEll1988

AEll1988 In the Brooder

Mar 17, 2019
    If youd like I have NPIP certified chickens and ducks I'd be happy to go over any agriculture aspect of it or possible sell you some chickens or ducks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: