New member-- in North East Tennessee

BenjaminTN

Hatching
5 Years
Feb 9, 2014
Hello good folks!

A couple of friends and I are going to crank up a couple of chicken flocks this spring on one of their farms. (He inherited it.)

He ran 2 or 3 chicken tractors through last summer, then sold them all off before cold weather set in.

We're going to try to build a couple of real coops and runs, and try our hand at a couple of breeds, more than likely Orpingtons and RIR's.

I'll try to let folks know how things are going.

The first Monday in March, I'm going to a livestock/poultry auction just to get a feel for some things.

My buddy had great luck last spring through the fall, raising some and selling, trading, etc.

To be a VERY rural part of Tennessee, there isn't much action around here in chickens, so I'm thinking to kind of get in on the ground floor a bit.

If you go to "where am I, where are you," in the social forum, you can locate and post on your state thread. You will probably find others in your area, the more rural areas are most likely to permit flocks of chickens etc.

images

Definitely check out the learning center here on BYC for some tips and hints on raising and keeping your flock...

https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Great to have you aboard and enjoy BYC!

Back
Top Bottom