New Member Introduction

HappyWarrior

In the Brooder
Nov 8, 2019
Western NC
I am new to raising chickens on my own, I've always been around them growing up but built our first coop 2 years ago. I help manage my mother in laws Chickens and then our own back yard chickens for a total of 13 chickens between the households.

I only have 5 in my backyard currently. I have 4 Easter Eggers(Larry, Moe, Curly, and Dorthy) and 1 Silkie named Bunny. Recently though we hatched 4 baby chicks from Dorthy and have plans to rehome at least 2 of our roosters.

My husband and I are moving towards sustainability and Independence and back yard chickens was one of many steps towards that. They provide us eggs, meat, Manure, and Entertainment. :)

We garden and bee keep and have plans to get goats in the next few years to round out our little farm. (Complete with 2 Corgis named Toast and Waffles who want nothing more than to herd chickens and eat socks)

Hello and welcome to BYC. I hope that you enjoy your time here.

This is a useful link to take a look at - “How to...” guides. You may wish to consider including your location under your avatar (using the guide in the link above). You can use this link to contact members in your area - U.S. States, UK, Europe, Australia, Canada (for other countries, check here - Where am I? Where are you!)

Best wishes

Pork Pie

inCollage_20191031_061503338.jpg

Back
Top Bottom