New member - introduction

Dangerdoll

In the Brooder
Oct 19, 2019
Hi everyone! I am new to chickens for 15 weeks, I started with 8 day old chicks with experience with all types of animals/pets but none with chickens.

I have 7 hens and 1 rooster.
BC Marans - Rooster = Ducky.... Because he was identical to a mallard duck chick when He arrived on his first day.
BC Marans - Pointer 1
BC Marans - Pointer 2
BC Marans - Pointer 3
White Leghorn - Edie
White Leghorn - Leg
Buff Orpington - Banana
Buff Orpington - Sister

The thing I love about raising these chickens is how much I've learned about them! I never would have imagined they could be so complex and yet so much fun!

I have 3 dogs, a parrot and a couple parakeets. This was my limitation of bird experience before the flock. The dogs are 2 saint Bernards and a St Bernard mix. When we go big, we go really big 🤣. We just bought a small farm and my only regret is not doing this sooner.

I found BYC through Google searching something about the chickens, I've googled tons of things that it's hard to pinpoint which exact thing brought me here but here I am.

🙋‍♀️Welcome to BYC! You have come to the right place! There are tons of people on here ready to help with whatever they can! Just ask! And if you haven't checked already, The Learning Center has some great articles to help you along the way.
There is definitely nothing wrong with going big!!! Our Doberman Pincher is a horse but a gentle giant... until he steps on you!

Hi everyone! I am new to chickens for 15 weeks, I started with 8 day old chicks with experience with all types of animals/pets but none with chickens.

I have 7 hens and 1 rooster.
BC Marans - Rooster = Ducky.... Because he was identical to a mallard duck chick when He arrived on his first day.
BC Marans - Pointer 1
BC Marans - Pointer 2
BC Marans - Pointer 3
White Leghorn - Edie
White Leghorn - Leg
Buff Orpington - Banana
Buff Orpington - Sister

The thing I love about raising these chickens is how much I've learned about them! I never would have imagined they could be so complex and yet so much fun!

I have 3 dogs, a parrot and a couple parakeets. This was my limitation of bird experience before the flock. The dogs are 2 saint Bernards and a St Bernard mix. When we go big, we go really big 🤣. We just bought a small farm and my only regret is not doing this sooner.

I found BYC through Google searching something about the chickens, I've googled tons of things that it's hard to pinpoint which exact thing brought me here but here I am.

:welcome I love Backyard Chickens. This has been a God send for me. I can only hope it works as well for you. The others on this site will be there to walk you through any problems that may occur. They will ask others to read your thread and give you advice. They are good for giving any support when losing a chicken and for raising your moral.

Welcome, Dangerdoll.... Joining us was probably the best move you could have made....this place is an incredible source of information, advice and support. I have learned so much here myself as a relative newbie. Don't be afraid to just ask...to any question you may have you'll be overwhelmed by the response you receive...I was.

You didn't specify your rough geographical location? If you have a problem associated with weather or predator issues it helps a lot to know roughly where you are...you can add it to your profile and it will help re-pliers to your questions tailor their responses accordingly..

Nice to have you here....hope you enjoy the place.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom