New member! Just found a chicken

Welcome to Backyardchickens.com aka BYC! :frow
:yesss:We are glad you joined our flock.
Jump right in am make yourself at home.:highfive:

This video will help you learn how to navigate this site:

That's so sweet of you to rescue this darling little hen. She's adorable!

I'm from Ohio, by the way, but now in California!

:p

She is super sweet! Her little noises are adorable. Ohio to Cali is quite the change! I did an exchange year at UCSB many moons ago and had a blast. :)

true, or consider as since this should be a temporary thing just laying down some newspaper and a corner of the garage if that is an option. Sounds way less labor intensive than trying to predator proof.

I have a very large and secure shed out back. I am going to try to catch her and move her in there overnight. It might be a bit stressful for her but it seems like it will be safer to lock her up at night and then put her in my temporary pen during the day time.

Good job on rescuing her! With that clipped beak and those feathers, I definitely think you're right in thinking she fell off of a transport truck.

The helpful lady at Happy Trails Farm Sanctuary is who suggested that to me. I didn't even consider such a thing! I'm still holding out hope someone is looking for her.

I'm so happy we have people on this earth like you. Most others wouldn't have even thought of taking her in. It's great you foster too I would love to become a foster owner but I can't because I become way to attached and would end up adopting any animal I got. Our farm is only so big. :rolleyes:

I'm so happy we have people on this earth like you. Most others wouldn't have even thought of taking her in. It's great you foster too I would love to become a foster owner but I can't because I become way to attached and would end up adopting any animal I got. Our farm is only so big. :rolleyes:
We are very content to have been fosterfails. We have been successful on many other occasions but when a real winner walks through the door. Well how can you help yourself?

I'll sleep easier. Thanks for taking her in.

You're sweet! She is safe and cozy. :)

Aww, thank you! Fostering is very rewarding but it does have its challenges. Our very first foster greyhound became our very first greyhound! He was perfect and lived to be 12. We specialized in the hard to place dogs; those with behavioural issues or an abusive past (hoarding cases, Guam dogs, etc). I took a break for a couple of years because the hard cases affect you the most. <3 Happy to be back to it!

Back
Top Bottom