New member, new owner!

byc-welcome.gif

hithere.gif
That sounds like a wonderful place to live! I used to have a couple horses and lived in a tiny cabin in the country for several years. Best time in my life! So glad to have you here... your experience is valuable! Good luck with your new chickens!

Hello! I’m a new member, I just bought my first flock of 6 hens two days ago. I bought the coop back in March, and finally took the leap to get the chickens after doing my best to research all summer — but of course that’s never enough! I have horses, goats, and a donkey, and you learn new things every day.

My lovely hens are 2 Rhode Island Reds, 2 Plymouth Rocks, and 2 Columbian Rocks.

I found out about this website during research, it’s usually the top website to pop up and it’s been quite helpful! Love the forums.

Aside from hobby farming, I’m a landscape designer/owner of my own company, and just enjoy typical things like socializing with friends, just about any sports game now and then, and love to pick up the guitar or sit at the piano!

I do still live at home with my folks, but the hobby farm part of the property is all my responsibility. My dad put up a little barn, some paddocks, and a riding ring when I was younger; but since then I’ve added a goat shed, coop, more paddock space, and all feed/vet/care costs are on me. I love and care for my quarter horse, two mini ponies, a donkey, two mini goats, and now my 6 chickens (and house kitty!). I love it, and while it controls some aspects of my life, I wouldn’t have it any other way!

Super happy to be involved in this online community now! I know I’m still learning, but maybe one day I’ll be able to help someone else

Thank you!

Hi Abigail! It's great to have you! It sound like you got quite the operation with your little hobby farm!:D:welcome I came across this forum some time ago and have found it very helpful. Everybody(even you) has something that they can help with on here.:thumbsup I hope that you like this forum as much as the rest of us and welcome to the flock...:)

Hi Abigail and welcome to BYC

On this link you'll find lots of information on almost every aspect of keeping birds - from coop building ideas, to incubating eggs - https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/

There’s a link on the page above to the Learning Centre - it’s a great resource. If you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box - there's a wealth of information on past and present threads.

Each week, various topics are discussed, which can also be a great resource - https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/topic-of-the-week-thread-archives

This is a useful link of BYC guides to take a look at announcements-feedback-issues-guides.3 (there's a guide on how to include your location under your avatar, which will be helpful). You can use this link to contact members in your area - Find your State's thread.

Best wishes

Pork Pie

Hi Abigail! It's great to have you! It sound like you got quite the operation with your little hobby farm!:D:welcome I came across this forum some time ago and have found it very helpful. Everybody(even you) has something that they can help with on here.:thumbsup I hope that you like this forum as much as the rest of us and welcome to the flock...:)

Thank you so much!

FARMER-CONNIE-GREAT-INTRO-F.gif
Hello! I’m a new member, I just bought my first flock of 6 hens two days ago. I bought the coop back in March, and finally took the leap to get the chickens after doing my best to research all summer — but of course that’s never enough! I have horses, goats, and a donkey, and you learn new things every day.

My lovely hens are 2 Rhode Island Reds, 2 Plymouth Rocks, and 2 Columbian Rocks.

I found out about this website during research, it’s usually the top website to pop up and it’s been quite helpful! Love the forums.

Aside from hobby farming, I’m a landscape designer/owner of my own company, and just enjoy typical things like socializing with friends, just about any sports game now and then, and love to pick up the guitar or sit at the piano!

I do still live at home with my folks, but the hobby farm part of the property is all my responsibility. My dad put up a little barn, some paddocks, and a riding ring when I was younger; but since then I’ve added a goat shed, coop, more paddock space, and all feed/vet/care costs are on me. I love and care for my quarter horse, two mini ponies, a donkey, two mini goats, and now my 6 chickens (and house kitty!). I love it, and while it controls some aspects of my life, I wouldn’t have it any other way!

Super happy to be involved in this online community now! I know I’m still learning, but maybe one day I’ll be able to help someone else

Thank you!
smiley_emoticons_charly_megaphon.gif
FARMER-CONNIE-4235435433.gif

Back
Top Bottom