New member, New rooster...What is he?

BluemuleRay

In the Brooder
Feb 17, 2022
Hello all new to BYC, some what new to chickens 3-4 yrs.

We picked up a rooster from the feed store in hopes to add some new chickens to the flock. we are wondering what he might be. Ive searched quite a bit but he's got several confusing qualities.

My initial thoughts were Welsummer, but he has a three part comb and white shading on earlobes.

any thoughts?
IMG_3136.jpeg
IMG_3137.jpeg
IMG_3117.jpeg
IMG_3118.jpeg

We picked up a rooster from the feed store in hopes to add some new chickens to the flock. we are wondering what he might be. Ive searched quite a bit but he's got several confusing qualities.

My initial thoughts were Welsummer, but he has a three part comb and white shading on earlobes.

any thoughts?View attachment 2996619View attachment 2996620View attachment 2996621View attachment 2996622
Was his tail cut to look like that?

Thats how I picked him up he was in a 2x2 cage for a while. Im hoping after a molt it will all go back to normal. also forgot to mention he is very large.

any thoughts?View attachment 2996619View attachment 2996620View attachment 2996621View attachment 2996622
His comb is really interesting, it looks kind of like a double single comb

He's an EE with a Sporty Build, & tight feathering.

Important question. Did you get him as a chick, or was someone giving him away at the store?

Back
Top Bottom