New member Questions for peafowl

T Hicks

In the Brooder
Jul 20, 2021
I have recently been given 2 white males and 2 female peafowl. I have several of their eggs in my incubator right now but I don't think they are all going to hatch. I am currently building an enclosure that will measure 62ft on one side. 75ft on another side 30 ft on the end and a few turns on the way back to the 62ft, totaling another 100 ft so over 200 ft and I am using 6 ft high chainlink fencing. I'm still "on the fence" about what to use to cover the top. I am thinking nylon netting, 2.4" squares. Is there anywhere that can cut a custom size because I can only find 50'x100' max. Also, I am using a 9x17' Harbor Freight canvas covered carport that we replaced the canvas with metal siding, leaving one end open so what direction should the open end face? Last thing, I was told that I had to hatch baby chickens with the peachicks to show them how to eat. Can't I do that or do I need to go buy some chicks when my peas hatch?

I have recently been given 2 white males and 2 female peafowl. I have several of their eggs in my incubator right now but I don't think they are all going to hatch. I am currently building an enclosure that will measure 62ft on one side. 75ft on another side 30 ft on the end and a few turns on the way back to the 62ft, totaling another 100 ft so over 200 ft and I am using 6 ft high chainlink fencing. I'm still "on the fence" about what to use to cover the top. I am thinking nylon netting, 2.4" squares. Is there anywhere that can cut a custom size because I can only find 50'x100' max. Also, I am using a 9x17' Harbor Freight canvas covered carport that we replaced the canvas with metal siding, leaving one end open so what direction should the open end face? Last thing, I was told that I had to hatch baby chickens with the peachicks to show them how to eat. Can't I do that or do I need to go buy some chicks when my peas hatch?
How old are your males and females?

40E40EDA-3C3E-4DB2-B289-2AD7136A48C0.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom