New Member to BackYard Chickens.

Cochin Lover 50

In the Brooder
5 Years
Sep 15, 2014
I got my first chicken when I was a young girl. My mom purchased a little incubator from my brother's boy scout magazine and got me three eggs. One hatched. It was a White Cochin Bantam and I named him Diddle. He was truly a pet and a friend. Now at age 50 I am returning to my love of chickens.

I have 44 chickens, All Bantams, Primarily Cochins (Black, White, Blue, Splash, Red, Self Blue and Buff Columbian) but I have 5 Buff Brahmas, 3 Easter Eggers and 1 Dutch Booted Bantam, Mille Fleur aka Sabelpoot. Having a hard time finding more like him as he will need a wife of his own. Yahoo search has turned up nothing, If you know of someone who raises them I would certainly appreciate their contact information

I have 33 eggs in my incubator (Black, White, Mille Fleur, Self Blue, Black Mottled, Red, Lemon, Silver Laced and hopefully some frizzle in there)

Yahoo searching for chicken info led me to your site and I am on your Facebook group as well.

In addition to my chickens I have a 2 yr old Cocker Spaniel, a 3 yo Shih Poo, an 8 yr old Rottie, a 1 yr cat and 2 fish aquariums. Other than watching TV and being on the computer I have no other time for hobbies. I am a housewife and take care of the inside (cooking, cleaning) and the outside (mowing, fence repair. Breeding pen building).

I do have my own group page on facebook and am in the process of making a website so I can sell eggs and chicks. Right now I only have 6 of breeding age, and about 15 who will be of breeding age at the end of Oct, first of Nov. This is my hobby

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

WOW! You have a gorgeous flock!! love buff brahmas!

Feel free to ask questions. Glad you joined!

Welcome to BYC!

You will find a lot of good information here. Keep on asking questions and you will get many good answers.

You may also want to read the FAQ below.

I think there is more information on this site than all the other sites put together.

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. You have a beautiful flock of Bantams. I love your Buff Brahmas. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock of bantams.

welcome-byc.gif
Glad you joined us!

Feel free to ask lots of questions! We're all here to help.
smile.png

Good luck with your hatch!

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Gorgeous flock! Love the Brahma's!

So glad you could join our community and welcome to our flock!

This is Herman. I have had Cocker Spaniels all my life. This was taken right before his hair cut. I used to raise them as well. I have puppies from Maine to Florida and some in California. Told old to raise them now so decided to switch my passion of animal husbandry to chickens.

After the haircut. Had to leave his personality head and ears but did shave the face.

Back
Top Bottom