sdlane

Chirping
Jul 8, 2019
California
Hi all,

I am Bailey and new to both this forum and chickens! Luckily, my other half has had them all his life, so he’s a big help. I’m currently designing “Chicken Fort Knox,” as we live in a redwood forest with a ton of rascally raccoons. We’re digging down with two feet deep with 2” x 12”s, in addition to hardware cloth and chicken wire around the perimeter. haha I’m most interested in helping to reestablish the Barred Holland, as well as having some Polish and Silkies just for fun. Any and all recommendations are welcome! We live in Northern California.

1651148-0d831e6d52f44f8dc45ae552dbe35f48.gif

Have fun building! I understand raccoons are very adept, locks need multiple steps and they can squeeze into small spaces.

Any and all recommendations are welcome!
WOWZER! You found the right site to scratch that itch..
EXPLORE within the "FORUMS TAB" for the particular interest you have during the heat of the moment if a question pops up in your head. Almost every question you have has been asked & answered already & documented for your convenience. Even if you are in a hurry & time is of the essence, you will always receive an almost immediate response.
Thanks for signing up. Grab a bag of popcorn! This place will keep you in the now with so much collective knowledge with a side dish of fun.
Welcome to back yard Chickens.

Back
Top Bottom