rking

Chirping
Feb 19, 2020
Hi. I live in Texas and I am new to raising chickens. My 7 ladies are 1 year old today. The group includes 1 Golden Sex Link , 3 Americanas and 3 silver Laced Wyandotte's. I have been having a problem with them picking each other for about 3 months. I have tried the Pick no More products on them and the blue clot spray. I have used aprons, changed to a higher protein feed , which I leave out all day and I have made many ladders and things for them to perch on. My coop is on a 15' x 10' concrete pad that is inclosed with a roof and chicken wire. I have thick plastic on the north side at this time to block the cold wind. There is a tunnel from this pen that connects to a 15' x 10' run, it also has a wire cover on top. I give them veggies, alfa or meal worm treats once a day. I have started letting them free range about 30 minutes each day when I am outside with them. We have a lot of hawks and coyotes in our area so I don't want to leave them out unattended. They seem to be going in a cycle of picking. They stop for a few days and they look better, then it starts again. I'm at my wits end and I don't know what to do next. Does anyone have any advice for me?

Back
Top Bottom