WELCOME TO BYC
20201121_092332 (2).jpg

FROM SUNNY QUEENSLAND.

Welcome to Backyard Chickens, thank you for joining the flock. Hope you will love this place as much as we do.
So sorry about the loss of your dogs due to snakes. Is there any way to protect against them?

Thanks
Unfortunately there's lots of snakes out here.
We now have the guinea fowls to roam in our yard. Apparently they are good for snakes.
Too much hear break to get any more dogs.

Welcome!! I'm new here as well :)
I first want to say I am so, so sorry to hear about the loss of your dogs. I lost my Lucille back in February, time heals but lord do I miss her. I unfortunately can't be of help with your question about guinea fowl, but am curious to hear what your experience has been with them if you'd like to share? We've considered getting them off and on throughout the years but never did, thought I heard they were sort of fragile

Welcome!! I'm new here as well :)
I first want to say I am so, so sorry to hear about the loss of your dogs. I lost my Lucille back in February, time heals but lord do I miss her. I unfortunately can't be of help with your question about guinea fowl, but am curious to hear what your experience has been with them if you'd like to share? We've considered getting them off and on throughout the years but never did, thought I heard they were sort of fragile

Sorry to hear. I look back at Clancys videos, happy to see her, then think 'well, that's all fine now' 😭

They are funny characters. Similar to Chickens but a lot more crazy and noisy. They never go where I want them too. They can semi fly. Ours are somewhat free range, they are allowed to fly over the fence (there is a gate). They can be incredibly stupid aswell. They know they can fly over the fence but insist on running back a forward up the fence. They get let out in the morning, the males chase each other around for a bit and stretch their wings. Almost like they have been stuck in a little box for years on end and now have freedom (there coop is huge). Some of the males like to go roof of our hous and stuff around like pubescent boys. The females are really chilled. A male and female have paired up. The female is very very vocal. When the male stays too far, she will scream her head off and he'll come running back. They just cruise around all day looking for food, laying eggs in nests or random spots. did I mention that they can be very noisy, not good for suburbs? Sometimes it can be alittle difficult to heard them back into their coop, once again they can be pretty stupid. They are great to have if U have alittle extra patience. If U keep them in enclosed coop, U won't have our issues of fowls flying off in every direction, or walking behind the coop door to get in when is it's time for bed

Back
Top Bottom