New members (Middle TN)

I guess it’s expected so we used the sample intro questions from the template :)

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

New. Chickens on order, to arrive ~Dec 15, 2021. 10 hens, 1 rooster.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

None yet, but we plan to have our large(ish) pre-built coop and 324 sqft run that we are building by the time our birds arrive.

(3) What breeds do you have?

Lavender Orphington hens and rooster (6 total including rooster), Easter Egger hens (5); on order.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

Looking forward to learning everything we can about them, and we’re planning on eggs and eventually meat.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

Gardening, freeze drying

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

Mike: Retired
Audie: School teacher

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community?

Google search specifically for chicken forums :)

Happy to be here, looking forward to getting to know some of y’all and we’ll have plenty of questions.
Hi Mike and Audie and welcome. This site is great for learning, helping others and just interacting with other members, it's fun, addicting really.

welcome-youre-welcome.gif

Hi Mike & Audie and welcome to BYC :frow We're so happy you've decided to join us:ya

Where about in middle TN?
Hey there!

Well, since I see you’re in Smith County, I’ll come clean. Mike used to live on the border with Smith County, on the Wilson County side on a cattle farm (closest little ‘city’ was Grant TN). This was back in the late 80’s/early 90’s. Point being is they had just a few wild free-range chickens, but as he says: “The roosters were meaner than h**l, they crowed all day long, and I don’t recall we ever got a single egg from the hens.” lol He doesn’t count that as chicken experience :). He said there were Peacocks all over the place and they were beautiful but noisy.

We live near Murfreesboro (Eagleville).

And thanks everyone for the warm welcome!!

Back
Top Bottom