New Mexico

Hi, I'm in tularosa, n.m. I'm new to this site too, I've sure been enjoying it so far :) I've had chickens now for most of my life, however, took a long break for about 8 years, and got started again last year when a friend gave us his 5 chickens. This spring I got chicken fever bad and went in search of eggs, i have hatched 30 out so far :)

Hello NM folks! I'm looking to buy my first house. Any of you live in Santa Fe or the outskirts (e.g., La Cienega)? I'm trying to figure out which neighborhoods/developments are chicken-friendly, and which ones won't let me take my 11 feather babies with me. Thanks!

Santa Fe has recently allowed limited chicken keeping, but it butts up against HOA rules in most neighborhoods. Don't know about the outskirts, but make sure you check anyplace's CC&R's before you sign on the dotted line.

Hello NM folks! I'm looking to buy my first house. Any of you live in Santa Fe or the outskirts (e.g., La Cienega)? I'm trying to figure out which neighborhoods/developments are chicken-friendly, and which ones won't let me take my 11 feather babies with me. Thanks!
City of SF allows chickens with no restrictions on flock or coop size:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/santa-fe-new-mexico-chicken-ordinance.61705/
I'm in the Candlelight neighborhood (near SFHS) and we have seven little pullets! Some of the homes around here have large yards (ours included). There's a house for sale around the corner!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom