New Mexico

Pics
LOL don't ya love it when BYC gets all wacky and you end up posting about 10 in a row
wink.png

Soo umm I made an uh oh and now I've got more eggs on the way then I have room for! I need another incubator asap!! Nobody seems to ship quickly without charging $100+ for shipping. Now left with few options locally. Another LG still air (I rigged up a fan with the current one) or a 2362 hova hmmm.... annoying and frustrating vs. probably just as annoying and frustrating. lol

Colie <3 :

LOL don't ya love it when BYC gets all wacky and you end up posting about 10 in a row
wink.png

Soo umm I made an uh oh and now I've got more eggs on the way then I have room for! I need another incubator asap!! Nobody seems to ship quickly without charging $100+ for shipping. Now left with few options locally. Another LG still air (I rigged up a fan with the current one) or a 2362 hova hmmm.... annoying and frustrating vs. probably just as annoying and frustrating. lol

If you were closer, I would stick them in the Brinsea for you.
tongue.png

(It's on my kitchen counter, better tham a blender)​

Colie <3 :

wink.png

We have our bater running How many eggs are We talking About And when will you get them.
Bill​

48 eggs I'm thinking aren't going to fit
hide.gif
lol
probably going to be here Friday or Saturday. It was a total impulse buy on 3 dozen and she threw in an extra dozen! whoops!

Colie <3 :

48 eggs I'm thinking aren't going to fit
hide.gif
lol
probably going to be here Friday or Saturday. It was a total impulse buy on 3 dozen and she threw in an extra dozen! whoops!

Some people have success stacking eggs initially, then when you candle at 7 days you can usually pull all the infertile ones and make more room. Shipping will take its toll, as will a still air incubator.​

that's a good thought. I pulled two out on day 3 and a different two out on day 5 just to take a peek. One of the eggs on day five hadn't developed at all I'm sure there are more than a couple others that will end up like that. I'm not touching anything again until the 7-10 day mark shouldn't have candled those but
idunno.gif

I wires a computer fan into my LG and it seemed to help. I just set eggs in my new brower and I'm scratching my head at the thing wondering how the heck those eggs rolling side to side bumping each other is going to be a good thing...

Quote:
Some people have success stacking eggs initially, then when you candle at 7 days you can usually pull all the infertile ones and make more room. Shipping will take its toll, as will a still air incubator.

Good morning New Mexico.
Colie >3 Bring them over and I will put them in my incubater Just remember this is New Mexico and some times we have power outages I have had no problems with the electricity being out but I shure get nervice every time it dose.It is a chance we all take If we dont have a generater.
Bill

Hey Colie- I'm having better luck with my LG still air when I open it up several times a day to let air out, and keep it aroud 102-104 at the egg's level. But NO WHERE near the success DAK has with her Brinsea!!! LOL

Okay... I need help with my goose. It is almost 7 weeks old, and its left wing started turning out last week. Now it's getting really heavy bloodfilled flight feathers coming in, and turnng out worse. I need to know if splinting it might help, and if so, How to splint it. I love LOVE LOVE my goosey and don't want it to be hurt, and I can't imagine that wind will feel very good with adult feathers on it, and catching on bushes and such. I'm even willing to fork out the dough for surgery if that is what it will take- either to fix it, or to take that joint off so my goosey will be pain free.

Quote:
Sorry I know nothing about goose orthopedics. Try posting on the goose section. You are more likely to run into someone with an answer.

Quote:
Some people have success stacking eggs initially, then when you candle at 7 days you can usually pull all the infertile ones and make more room. Shipping will take its toll, as will a still air incubator.

Good morning New Mexico.
Colie >3 Bring them over and I will put them in my incubater Just remember this is New Mexico and some times we have power outages I have had no problems with the electricity being out but I shure get nervice every time it dose.It is a chance we all take If we dont have a generater.
Bill

Thanks Bill! I did find a shipper on ebay to get a Hovabator Genesis expedited shipped to me. So I'm going to either stack them until Monday/Tuesday or I'll just wait to set them. I read something about putting them in the vegetable drawer?

On another note, El Paso has a lot of power outages as well especially in the older parts of town. We have been lucky where we live that it hasn't happen yet but we really need a generator as well. At least for the deep freezer & fridge plus the incubators to run off of! Doubt you can power a whole house on a generator can ya?

Back
Top Bottom