ldamp

In the Brooder
Mar 5, 2018
Douglassville, PA
Hi everyone!
I received my girls in Sept 2017. They become your family. Yes people without chickens, they are just like your other pets! I have four. I’m so sorry I can guess what they are but not 100% sure. Americana, Wyandotte, Rhode Island Red?, I have no idea of the last one. But if anyone can help identify I would so appreciate knowing what breed Ester, Jennie, Big Red and Dottie are. I have two dogs Sheba a 21 year old Sheba Inu and Kikka a 6 year old Siberian Husky and 4 freshwater fish and 6 saltwater. My kids are in their late 20’s and have “only” one grandson who is eleven who is my other joy. I hibernate during the winter but am outside all the time when it’s warm. I love to garden and can’t wait to get my grapevines growing. My husband loves how ambitious I am when it comes to doing things myself. I prepared for the arrival of my girls by taking a part of a large shed and constructing a coop all by my self, with many ideas off of threads and pinterest. My raised gardens are shaping up, not as quickly as I like for we need the rain to give us a break. Our yard is a swamp. I got the courage to allow my girls to come out of their enclosed the other day for a few minutes. I’m looking to add a Black Marans to add more color to my eggs. I don’t have the patience to wait for eggs to hatch so i’m looking for maybe two that are maybe 3-4 months old if anyone can help. It’s true you really don’t enjoy your life till your in your 50’s

Attachments

• C7927BAE-124F-4CE1-A31B-5981B3BBD9EA.jpeg
    C7927BAE-124F-4CE1-A31B-5981B3BBD9EA.jpeg
    542.4 KB · Views: 32
  • 1AA27068-2161-4C6D-BDCD-7F726C0FEA2F.jpeg
    1AA27068-2161-4C6D-BDCD-7F726C0FEA2F.jpeg
    491.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 99AD6778-9236-4744-B073-0F3D31BE24A5.jpeg
    99AD6778-9236-4744-B073-0F3D31BE24A5.jpeg
    415.5 KB · Views: 5
  • CB0D851B-8BF5-4EA0-A6A5-EA22CA1D0C51.jpeg
    CB0D851B-8BF5-4EA0-A6A5-EA22CA1D0C51.jpeg
    345.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 3A982E16-B4A7-4882-8F8A-503C1A7A246D.jpeg
    3A982E16-B4A7-4882-8F8A-503C1A7A246D.jpeg
    495.6 KB · Views: 4
G’Day from down under Idamp :frow Welcome!

Beautiful pictures! Thank you for sharing. Sorry that I can not help with the breed but Pork Pie has given you the link for getting some expert opinions.

I do hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

You might want to also Find Your State Thread and pop in and say hello.

BYC has Topic of the Week discussions which I have found to be a great resource, informative and sometimes entertaining; so definitely worth checking out.

If you would like to share more Pictures and Stories of your flock or beautiful dogs, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)

26D6C43C-9E1F-40ED-8BF7-5E6FC56D7A41.jpeg
Hi everyone!
I received my girls in Sept 2017. They become your family. Yes people without chickens, they are just like your other pets! I have four. I’m so sorry I can guess what they are but not 100% sure. Americana, Wyandotte, Rhode Island Red?, I have no idea of the last one. But if anyone can help identify I would so appreciate knowing what breed Ester, Jennie, Big Red and Dottie are. I have two dogs Sheba a 21 year old Sheba Inu and Kikka a 6 year old Siberian Husky and 4 freshwater fish and 6 saltwater. My kids are in their late 20’s and have “only” one grandson who is eleven who is my other joy. I hibernate during the winter but am outside all the time when it’s warm. I love to garden and can’t wait to get my grapevines growing. My husband loves how ambitious I am when it comes to doing things myself. I prepared for the arrival of my girls by taking a part of a large shed and constructing a coop all by my self, with many ideas off of threads and pinterest. My raised gardens are shaping up, not as quickly as I like for we need the rain to give us a break. Our yard is a swamp. I got the courage to allow my girls to come out of their enclosed the other day for a few minutes. I’m looking to add a Black Marans to add more color to my eggs. I don’t have the patience to wait for eggs to hatch so i’m looking for maybe two that are maybe 3-4 months old if anyone can help. It’s true you really don’t enjoy your life till your in your 50’s
Welcome to Backyard chickens. Really enjoying your photos. Is your Shiba Inu really 21 years old, wow! They have gotten very popular around the area.
Yes my little beauty is 21. Mine was so nasty for about 15 years then she started being a lovey doves. This could have stemmed from her being the runt of the pack. Our vet comes to our house cause i don’t want to stress her and he is always amazed by her. She plays with our 6 year Husky like she’s still a pup

Welcome! My guesses are:
Barred Rock, Easter Egger, Rhode Island Red

I can only see three hens in the pics, that's why only 3 guesses. If they are laying eggs, that should give you a hint as well.

i’ve looked up the barred rock and a wyandotte and i can’t tell the difference. All i know is Jennie, Ester (Easter Egger) Big Red (Rhode Island) and Dottie (i thought maybe a Wyandotte) Thanks for your future input

Back
Top Bottom