New Peafowl Eggs

ccrawf

Songster
10 Years
Nov 6, 2009
Springfield, Missouri
Went to the auction today and got 3 peafowl eggs. They had 18, and the guy who bought them sold me three for $10. Not sure exactly what breed they are, they look a pale off white with not spots or other markings.
I raise turkeys and chickens and geese, and have hatched all of them, so I understand the process. And did a little research, and they take 28 days like the turkeys and geese. Tuesday is the day I normally load the incubator, so I'll store them and turn them until then. Unless some one thinks I should go ahead and put them in right away. Then I'll just try to raise them along with the other birds. The only ones I separate on a regular basis are the geese because they are so big and they grow so fast.
I'll try to keep them in with the other birds. I normally clip the wings on my turkeys to keep them from flying into the trees. Any one do that with peafowl or will I need to build an enclosed run?
Thanks.
Clay

Congrats... I would live to get some peacocks, I am very jealous... Hopefully someone can pop on and answer some of your questions for you...

Back
Top Bottom