New Peafowl Eggs

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by ccrawf, May 15, 2010.

1. ccrawf

ccrawf Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 6, 2009
    Springfield, Missouri
    Went to the auction today and got 3 peafowl eggs. They had 18, and the guy who bought them sold me three for $10. Not sure exactly what breed they are, they look a pale off white with not spots or other markings.
    I raise turkeys and chickens and geese, and have hatched all of them, so I understand the process. And did a little research, and they take 28 days like the turkeys and geese. Tuesday is the day I normally load the incubator, so I'll store them and turn them until then. Unless some one thinks I should go ahead and put them in right away. Then I'll just try to raise them along with the other birds. The only ones I separate on a regular basis are the geese because they are so big and they grow so fast.
    I'll try to keep them in with the other birds. I normally clip the wings on my turkeys to keep them from flying into the trees. Any one do that with peafowl or will I need to build an enclosed run?
    Thanks.
    Clay

2. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    Congrats... I would live to get some peacocks, I am very jealous... Hopefully someone can pop on and answer some of your questions for you...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by