1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

New pheasants!

Discussion in 'Pheasants and Partridge (Chukar)' started by flyingmonkeypoop, Sep 1, 2008.

1. flyingmonkeypoop

flyingmonkeypoop Crowing

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    Originally I went to a breeders place to pick up a trio of lady amhearsts. When we got there we got to talking and one thing lead to another...we ended up coming home with the trio of amhearsts, a pair of silvers, and a pair of yellow goldens. Right as we were about to leave they "made me an offer I couldnt refuse" on the rest of their birds. The rest that I will be getting are :
    2 trios and a pair of silvers
    1 pair of melanistic ringnecks
    2 pair of reeves
    3 golden males, all unrelated
    4 golden chicks, unrelated to the males
    2 yellow golden chicks
    1 silver chick

They offered me all these birds for $300 and if you know me you know I cant turn down that deal. I will be building pens and expanding some pens this month and will be getting the rest around October.
    I then went to Jeff Bergers place to get another amhearst male and a pair so I could maintain a couple lines. He lives on 3 acres of birds paradise, we took a tour and saw all of his great birds and loved it. Now I am planning on expanding my duck/pheasant pens into the goat pasture since we are selling them. that will open up about 2 acres, all of which will be bird pens.

So overall I am getting all those pheasants, a pair of chiloe widgeons, a pair of bahama pintails, a pair of silver bahama pintails, a pair of cackler geese, and a trio of barred leghorn bantams. I will take pics when all the critters are here.

2. Seventy7bison

Seventy7bison Hatching

Sep 2, 2008
    I'm interested in raising quail and pheasant. I have 4 young hens. What kind of enclosure is recommended for quail/pheasants?

3. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
    Don't be afraid to use the search tool on here Seventy7bison. [​IMG]
    FMP, nice job.

4. reallemons1

reallemons1 Songster

Mar 31, 2008
    Gloucester, VA
    What a great deal! You are very lucky. Pheasants are so beautiful and you got a great assortment all at one time. Enjoy!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: