New pigeon breed

GoldenFlight

Crowing
8 Years
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
I wanted to share my pigeon breed project I’ve been working on for a couple years. So basically the end goal is a brownish/grey pied bird with a small crest and a dark break and toe nails. Possibly lightly feathered legs... I’m going to post a bunch of pictures of my current breeding birds and a picture of each of the birds I started the project with.

This hen is the closest I have to the end result.
4608AECD-2068-4DB5-930C-1E1E7EE6A7A8.jpeg

I wanted to share my pigeon breed project I’ve been working on for a couple years.
cool! What will the breed be called?
So basically the end goal is a brownish/grey pied bird with a small crest and a dark break and toe nails.
interesting! Very unique, although it is extremely rare for the standard of a bird to have to be a certain color. Shouldn't it be all colors with a small crest and dark beak and toenails? Patterns are often required though, such as saddled homers in a show have to be saddled. So it could be pied birds with beak, toenails etc.
Possibly lightly feathered legs...
better choose now! You don't want to spend years breeding that out or in the birds if you change your mind.
This hen is the closest I have to the end result.
she's very pretty! What were your base breeds?
are these your base birds? Quite the variety!

cool! What will the breed be called?
interesting! Very unique, although it is extremely rare for the standard of a bird to have to be a certain color. Shouldn't it be all colors with a small crest and dark beak and toenails? Patterns are often required though, such as saddled homers in a show have to be saddled. So it could be pied birds with beak, toenails etc.
better choose now! You don't want to spend years breeding that out or in the birds if you change your mind.
she's very pretty! What were your base breeds?
are these your base birds? Quite the variety!

I don’t have a name yet... I’d like the whole breed to be pied, but maybe different base colors underneath. Yes, those are all the birds I started with! So you can see where the crests and pied genes came from.

Back
Top Bottom