New pigeons

Pigeonator

In the Brooder
Mar 4, 2021
Hi guys, i'm new to the pigeon game and i just got my first pigeons (Miro Takla Pigeon).
I am very inexperienced so please tell me everything i need to know, like breeding, housing, how long to coop em for ( have them for 4 days now)
Thanks in advance!

Hi guys, i'm new to the pigeon game and i just got my first pigeons (Miro Takla Pigeon).
I am very inexperienced so please tell me everything i need to know, like breeding, housing, how long to coop em for ( have them for 4 days now)
Thanks in advance!
How fun!

For breeding, let nature take its course and all you need to do is provide nesting boxes, nesting material, and good care for your birds. Oh, a male and a female helps! If you want specific birds to pair, for sake of colors, performance ability, genetics, and inbreeding, you can separate the two together for a week or so then let them out into the coop again, this typical is enough to get them to pair. Don't expect breeding until long days, the birds are comfortable, and they are 5+ months of age.

What are you housing them in currently? A picture would be nice, as its easier to help improve housing than try to explain housing. Just keep in kind, a dry draft free and UNDERcrowded loft keeps birds healthy.

Never fly a bird you can't bear to lose are the wise words of pigeon fanciers. Typically, a tumbler breed needs only to be cooped for a month before free flight, unless particularly close to its old home. Never fly without the proper training, such as showing them where to enter the loft, and when to enter the loft.

Good luck, and ask as many questions as needed!

Back
Top Bottom