New Pool for the Ducks!

Sfraker

Songster
5 Years
Feb 17, 2014
Western NC
Look what I just found on a local Facebook for sale page! I get it this weekend. It is almost 8' across and just over 2' deep! My ducks are going to LOVE it! They currently have a toddler sized plastic pool. This new one was a horse watering trough so it's heavy duty and it has a drain which will help. Right now I bucket the water out of the pool.

I CAN'T WAIT!

Sfraker

Songster
5 Years
Feb 17, 2014
Western NC
Here is my Pekin drake, Ferd, in the current pool. Doesn't he look pathetic? He can't even swim, it's not deep enough for him.

Last edited:

Cindysid

Songster
Feb 20, 2010
I've been on the lookout for one of those tanks. The drain should make life a lot easier...I use my duck water to fertilize my plants and the bucket brigade gets a little old. It's totally worth it though to see the pure joy they feel when they get the fresh water, even tho it's dirty as ever an hour later!

Sfraker

Songster
5 Years
Feb 17, 2014
Western NC
Yep I water with my bucket water too. It's a pain. Can't wait to hook a hose to the drain!

kthankzbai

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 6, 2011
That is a fabulous find!! I'm so jealous :)

I've been searching everywhere for a perfect thing like that but no such luck. They have a little mini tub that they outgrew.

I gave in to this cheap kiddie pool I found at kmart. I know it isn't going to last and it's a pain to fill... but I wanted my duckies to be happy until I find the perfect tub. The sides are plastic and sturdier than I thought.

They are super happy that their feet doesn't touch the ground.

donkeydew2farms

Songster
Apr 12, 2014
I have been looking at that tank too. how are your ducks going to get in and out ? I have six ducks the girls are only six weeks and the two drakes are four months so they are not together yet. are you going to filter it? I am tired of dumping pools. don't they look so happy when they are in water.

Sfraker

Songster
5 Years
Feb 17, 2014
Western NC
We are going to build a ramp and line with astro turf. I have been looking at some solar powered filters but they are not in the budget right now. I will be hooking up a house to it to empty and clean for now

Sfraker

Songster
5 Years
Feb 17, 2014
Western NC

We haven't built a ramp yet. And the ducks pen isn't expanded yet so the new pool doesn't fit in their current pen.
BUT I couldn't wait so.... I filled the pool and lifted the ducks in. They love it! Each night I lift them in for a 30 minute swim. They are actually letting me pick them up fairly calmly now. Over the next few weeks we will get the pen expanded and ramp done so they can climb in and out at their leisure.

Miss Lydia

~Gift of God ~ Eternal Life ~John 3:16
Premium Feather Member
Oct 3, 2009
Mountains of Western N.C.

We haven't built a ramp yet. And the ducks pen isn't expanded yet so the new pool doesn't fit in their current pen.
BUT I couldn't wait so.... I filled the pool and lifted the ducks in. They love it! Each night I lift them in for a 30 minute swim. They are actually letting me pick them up fairly calmly now. Over the next few weeks we will get the pen expanded and ramp done so they can climb in and out at their leisure.
What an awesome find, Congrats!!!

Top Bottom