New rescue duck

Sadly, keeping her in on clean grounds for a few days won't be long enough. I would suggest you aim to figure out, how to keep their grounds in the coop less wet, and muddy to encourage healing of the current sores, and prevent future sores from developing.
I was going to clean out their pen tomorrow and put fresh straw down. I will see if I can rearrange where their pools are to try to keep them from getting water all over

So last night we did her first epsom salt bath treatment and the poor thing, all the bumps with scabs were just oozing blood and pus when we got her feet out of the water.squeezed a bit more out and dried them off, put some antibiotic cream on them and wrapped them.
She was good and mostly kept her bandages on overnight

this morning gave her another treatment and this time not nearly as much ooze and the bumps were more lose skin than hard lumps. Didn’t think to get pictures. But am hoping that is a good sign?

Everyone say hello to Blue.
A rescue group in my town reached out to us as we took in another rescue of theirs. Someone they knew bought her from a local store Bd then their parents took it and dumped it in a local park and she was not doing well.

she was labeled by the store as a pekin, but she is small and has blue on her bill. Am thinking she is a mix. Anyone have any ideas?

she has some rough skin on her neck and was being severely over mated. She is spunky but affectionate
Ohhh she/he is so beautiful ❤️ Congratulations on Your new little family member

Back
Top Bottom