New rescued chicken, breed? gender? Possible Game

khatar

Songster
8 Years
May 14, 2011
San Diego, CA
We rescued this abandoned chicken a couple of months ago. That story is at this link:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=570476

I tried to post a pic from facebook but I didn't know you had to actually log in to my page for that. So no one could see it.

I finally got some pics of the chicken, named Tispaa (tee-SPAW) which means "quick-feet" in farsi. I think you can see in the name what she's known for. We thought he/she was a pullet for a while until he/she began challenging and attacking my 9 month old rooster. The funny thing is that my roo is twice his/her size! There is also a sign of curvature in the tail.

Does anyone know what breed this is? And I know they're not good pics for gender identification, (she won't let me get within 6 feet of her). But if someone could give their opinion on breed, that would be great!

91819_032.jpg

91819_040.jpg

This one's funny, he/she and my hen chirp are hiding from the camera.

91819_041.jpg

Last edited:
well, hello again! We just keep bumping into eachother all over the place!

I don't know much about games
hmm.png
I had one once, she was a rescue, but she caused too much discord in my flock (tree roosting was the biggest issue), and I rehomed her...maybe put "possible game" in the title to draw the very knowledgeable game people to your thread?...this bird kinda still looks like a girl to me though
hmm.png

Quote:
You know, mine really likes roosting in trees in the day, but we wanted to see where she'd sleep at night. Oddly, she slept in the coop like everyone else. I guess she was influenced by the rest of the flock.
idunno.gif

ah the power of peer pressure! For me it was the other way around...she was of stronger mind than the others I suppose
roll.png
she had them jumping fences (funny to see my rather portly dual purpose mixed flock trying to jump 6ft privacy fences), and tree roosting, and all kinds of bad habits! She was a fiercly protective and devoted mother though!

Yup, good looking game hen. Could be American or Spanish, but can`t tell which breed as most of those wheaten game hens look alike. She will dominate your flock unless you have a mature cock of any breed to rule her. Nice hen........Pop

Back
Top Bottom