New rooster not crowing here, why not??

Carchick

Songster
13 Years
May 23, 2007
I bought an adult rooster and 2 hens to add to my "flock" of 3 guineas and 1 hen. The 1st week they were in the same coop together but separated by chicken wire so they could used to each other. The rooster crowed the 1st day so I know he can do it! After that he stopped. Now that they're all out and mingling together and have been for the past few days, he doesn't crow at all, and that's one of the reasons I purchased him because I just love hearing the crowing. Do you think it's because he's in a new home and he's still trying to fit in? Do some roosters just stop crowing? Also, I do know he's not top bird in the pen, my old hen apppears to be but she does not bother him at all. Thanks for any help!

Where are you located? I have an Australorp rooster that just sings his little heart out, and I am looking for a home for him...

I know, the grass is always greener on the other side, huh?! I have some roosters a little ways down the road from me and they crow from mornng til night which I admit is a little excessive but still........I would like a little bit, you know?

Back
Top Bottom