New Rooster... trying to see if info given is correct

) he is pretty nice, she told me it shold take a week or 2 before he gets used to us, but this morning he let me get right next time and and I was able to pet his tail (so a little progress for having him a day)
thanks
angela

an EE "easter egger" is the same thing as an auracana or ameraucana. "they all lay colorful eggs:)" i have an ameraucana rooster that looks just like that and boy are they handsom!

Quote:
No, they are not the same.

Araucana - tail-less bird with ear tufts lays blue eggs

Ameraucana - tailed bird with muffs and beards, only eight recognized colors lays blue/ minty blue-green eggs have black or slate (blue) legs only

EE - birds made from crosses of different varieties of chickens, lay all shades of colored eggs.

Sorry, but I will correct mis-information given on ameraucanas and araucanas.

pips&peeps :

Quote:
No, they are not the same.

Araucana - tail-less bird with ear tufts lays blue eggs

Ameraucana - tailed bird with muffs and beards, only eight recognized colors lays blue/ minty blue-green eggs have black or slate (blue) legs only

EE - birds made from crosses of different varieties of chickens, lay all shades of colored eggs.

Sorry, but I will correct mis-information given on ameraucanas and araucanas.

You shouldn't have to apologize for telling the truth, Pips&Peeps. Kudos to the Ameraucana police
smile.png

Here's an article you might want to read, Americana-chick:

http://www.backyardpoultrymag.com/issues/2/2-3/John_W_Blehm.html

Jean, thank you for being relentless in keeping the correct information at the forefront! Honestly, I dont know why it is so confusing to understand the difference between Ameraucanas, Araucanas and Easter Eggers. Just forget what any hatchery tells you and listen to the Ameraucana police! Jean, can I be your deputy?

Back
Top Bottom